Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

9.2 on iPad 2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Artbuc

Artbuc

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

Never installed 8 because of so many reports of poor performance. Finally took the plunge and upgraded from 7 to 9.2. As feared, iPad is now choppy and frequently hangs, especially Safari. Auto fill dos not work on my saved passwords. Have read that a clean install will eliminate these issues. Don't look forward to the hassle of a clean install but will gladly do it if I thought it would improve performance. Anyone running 9.2 on an iPad2? Did you do a wireless upgrade or a clean install using iTunes? How is performance compared to IOS 7? Thanks.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 20 January 2016 - 06:08 PM.
Moved from 'MacOS' to 'Apple iOS' section.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

I have not installed 9.2 on my old iPad2 (don't really use it that much...use my newer one), but might try it later this weekend.  If I do, I will try to post back.

FWIW, I always do iOS updates on my iOS device in iTunes (with maybe one exception).  That way I can back-up my iOS device (I do not use iCloud for backups, but rather my computer) and then upgrade iOS thru iTunes.  It is not a "so-called" clean install, but just the upgrade through iTunes.

#3 Wh0

Wh0

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:45 AM

upgraded my iPhone 5c to 9.2.1 over the weekend, no issues

#4 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:47 PM

You have just learned the dreaded planned obsolescence. Each update slower than the one before until the user is forced to get a new device.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:19 AM

You have just learned the dreaded planned obsolescence. Each update slower than the one before until the user is forced to get a new device.

Yes. I did a clean install via iTunes and performance did improve somewhat. However, Internet surfing and listening to Internet radio (Tunein or radio.com) at the same time is a big problem. Lots of web page hang-ups & aborts.

Rumors say iPad Air 3 will come out in March. If true, can I get a deal on an iPad Air 2?

Edited by Artbuc, 20 February 2016 - 10:20 AM.

#6 Artbuc

Artbuc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:21 AM

upgraded my iPhone 5c to 9.2.1 over the weekend, no issues

Thanks for responding but I was asking about an iPad 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users