Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Program not running right.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 diggiedo

diggiedo

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:17 AM

Yes i don,t even know how to start this is weird i have what they call a chess buddy program that helps me on pogo games to play online chess an it worked fine on my labtop in the living room but but not on my desk top in the bedroom.so anyway i had to do a system reset on my labtop after that my program would not work correctly on my labtop but works fine now on my desktop i,m just wondering what could be interfering with it iv,e tried a number of different things like running compatability check to no avail. any help would be great ty in advance for any suggestions. i can,t call the people i purchased it from an there online help is no help. ty again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:58 AM

The last time I looked Pogo games use Java.  Check to make sure you have the latest version.  I see Firefox is saying Java is not working well with it; they suggest using IE11.  You didn't say what browser you're using, but Chrome is another option you could possibly try.

`

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2016 - 03:38 PM

Ty very much i forgot all about java firefox said java wasen,t working well with 42 i think but now firefox is 43 or 44, i will try that tho ty.

#4 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:56 AM

You get the same message with Firefox 43.0.4 which my Firefox says is "up to date".  I don't like IE either, but I like Java even less, and you should understand that there've been many many problems reported with Java including a lot of security problems.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,607 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:11 PM

there've been many many problems reported with Java including a lot of security problems.

The security issues are usually related to versions of Java which are no longer supported.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users