Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB Virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chrismelle

chrismelle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:32 AM

Hi,

I need your help.

Everytime I plug a USB in my computer all the files change into shortcut. And there this "kpcgrhynko" & "qzapepgryf" file that is unknown to me. Is my computer infected by virus?

Hope you can help me to fix this

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:53 AM

Both of these are very nasty.  The qzapepgryf is a backdoor Trojan which can be used to access private information on your computer, like passwords, banking details, etc.  In order to address these properly you will need to open a topic in the  in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum.

Edit:  Because of the nature of the backdoor Trojan I would suggest changing all of you passwords used online, you should also make your bank aware of this infection.

Before posting your topic you will need to read and follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help.

The members of the Malware Response Team who respond to these topics are constantly inundated do to the high volume of requests for help in this forum.   For this reason it may take a couple of days before a Team member may be able to get to your topic.  

Do not add anything or bump your topic once you have posted your log.  The Malware Removal Team members look for topics which have not been addressed, if you post any additional information it will make it appear that the topic is being addressed.

After you have posted your new topic a Moderator will close this topic.  If it is determined that there is a softare or hardware problem after cleaning the infection you can contact a Moderator to have this topic reopened.

Edited by dc3, 18 January 2016 - 09:55 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 AM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:41 AM

Your post in the Malware Removal Logs forum...did not follow the instructions provided by dc3 and, thus, do not qualify as a valid MRL topic.  That post was closed.

I am moving this topic to Am I Infected forum where you can get some assistance.

Louis

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 AM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

Chrismelle,

Please do what I requested so you can get a topic started in the MRL forum.  There are tools which the MRT members can use, but these tools can only be used in the MRL forum, not in the Am I Infected forum.  A backdoor Trojan may necessitate reinstalling the operating system.  The MRT members can not guarantee that they can complete clean the computer of this type of infection.  But these members give you the best shot at being able to resolve this without reinstalling the operating system.  

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users