Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

chroomium Browser

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paintboxz

paintboxz

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:20 AM

I have tried various antl Malware programs, MalwareBytes, esetsmart, AdwCleaner.exe, tdsskiller.exe, MiniToolBox.exe, all of which find various Malware occurrences and remove offending files but, even though I delete the directory in the Programs  File (x86) directory, within a few seconds it reappears!  I have Malware bytes running and ever few seconds its pop up informs me that chroomium Browser has been detected - pup.optional.chroomium at the location chroomium Browser\browserServer.exe. Something also keeps changing my keyboard type. Could anyone help me sort this out? Many thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MoxieMomma

MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 PM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:28 AM

Hello and welcome:

It's hard to say without a bit more specific information (such as scan logs).

But it sounds as if something is respawning from malware embedded on the system, or from Google sync, or via another mechanism.

(For MBAM, if your settings are not correctly configured, it will only DETECT PUPs and other non-viral malware, not REMOVE them.)

As we don't work on possible malware infections here in this area of the forum, you might want to start with the advice here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Then, you might want to post the requested diagnostic logs in a new, separate post here, for a bit of free, expert help with scanning and cleanup: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

I hope this helps,

MM

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:42 AM

Have you tried The Chrome Cleanup Tool for Windows which searches for then removes a limited number of unwanted adware programs and resets Chrome profile settings?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users