Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Possible infection - Browser opens by itself to "Wartune.r2games.com"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Birdperson

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:13 AM

Good evening,

Lately, some suspicious behaviour has led me to believe that my computer may have been infected with something, and I would be very grateful if someone could please help me out!  Here are the symptoms:

1) From time to time, my Internet Explorer will spontaneously open up to "wartune.r2games.com" which is a website that I have not even heard of, let alone visited.  I never use Internet Explorer, either; I always use Chrome or, rarely, Firefox.

2) I am not sure if it is related, but I am no longer able to open my Start menu either by clicking the task bar button or the Windows Logo key on my keyboard.

3)  Again, not sure if it is related, but I am unable to adjust my screen brightness settings on my laptop, either by using the slider in the Power Options menu, or the function keys on my keyboard. As well, left-clicking on several features of the bottom task bar such as: the Volume Control icon, the Battery Icon, and the "Search the web and Windows" bar, no longer works.  However, right-clicking still elicits a response.

I am currently running Windows 10, on an Acer Aspire V5.  

Steps Taken:

- Scanned with MalwareBytes, Super AntiSpyware, Avast!, and AVG - all came back with no results.

Please let me know which other details I can provide for you/steps you would like me to take.  Thanks in advance for the help!  I look forward to hearing from you!

Edited by Birdperson, 18 January 2016 - 02:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 batkung

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:23 AM

Same thing here.

Over the last 2 days, my computer has started opening browser windows with the wartune.r2games.com site.

Scanning with the latest versions of MBAM and ADWCleaner found nothing.

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated.

Running win10 also.

#3 buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,733 posts
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:35 AM

Start a new topic in the Malware Removal Forum.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#4 jhenyz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:21 PM

This is actually iFunbox that's causing the browser windows with wartune.r2games.com, you wont find a separate "infection". I am unsure if it's intentional or if someone highjacked iFunbox's adspace and is spawning browser windows, but the only way to get it off your pc it is to get rid of iFunbox

Edited by jhenyz, 18 January 2016 - 04:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users