Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing To Networked Printer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MatSpec612

MatSpec612

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:44 AM

I have been able to connect my HP 2710 printer to my network, though, when I try and print I get the following message; 'The print spooler was unable to connect to your printer. This can be caused by your printer turned off, the cable unplugged, or being connected to a VPN, which will block your access to your local network.' How do I maintain my internet network and be able to print wirelessly? HELP!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:13 PM

do you use a print server? or is it a shared printer running off another computer? do you use VPN's?
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 MatSpec612

MatSpec612
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:05 PM

No I don't use a print server? I just have it linked computer-router-printer. BIG question mark on the answer to this as I'm not sure 'do you use VPN's?'. I have just connected my wireless router to my current system and entered the correct key to access it, but have stopped there! I have had it working before I connected my router, though since then it hasn't worked. Should I connect from computer to printer direct and not through the router?

#4 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

ok, so you have a router with a built in print server. what you need is the correct drivers nstalled on the computer you want to print from, link to follow, and you need to specify an ip port, meaning, when you print, you make sure it goes to the ip address of the printer, and not the usb serial or parallel port.
here is the link.

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_la...h_query=hp+2710

#5 MatSpec612

MatSpec612
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 06:35 PM

Thanks for the link and info you have supplied me. Just one more problem though, when you say then I can add the correct ip address for the printer, where can I get that information from? Should I uninstall the printer drivers for USB and parallel?

#6 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:58 PM

go into the router's configuration, there should be a place for printers. check the ip address of the printer. you should be able to find the info there. i dont have one of those routers so i cant direct you more than that. but the live chat link i gave you will help.

#7 MatSpec612

MatSpec612
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:58 AM

I really appreciate your help, however, I'm not getting very far. I think that's probably because of my interpretation to your suggestions, as my computer abilities are limited. I have printed off the printer a Network configuration page that had the IP address 192.168.1.3, do I type that as I see it or add something else? as my computer cannot find it and its only 3 metres away. I think I need step by step info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users