Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Expressing my appreciation

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 EndlessJourney

EndlessJourney

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:38 PM

Hello,

I must, to my shame, admit that I am one of those members who only remembers Bleepingcomputer when one of my machines has a problem and then I rush to the BSOD sub-forum crying after everything else fails. I know, I know, but I have little technical knowledge and I am a shy guy, not participating in any other forums and only lurking in social media.

Still, I feel that I must overcome the limitations of my characters tonight and to express my appreciation for this forum here at last.

Thank you!

Several members here have helped me numerous times and I want so much to give something back to the community, but as I lack in forum-social skills almost as much as I lack in PC skills, I have no idea how to show my appreciation!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:20 PM

"Thanks" is enough.....

Just being here....showing a presence....making the odd post ...if not in actual topics then in general chat areas or 'what are you listening to', or the speak easy....etc etc....all these increase forum skills...

....pick up on some of the more basic questions asked here....and have a go......a quick google search will usually get you started.....

Experience breeds forum skills, and also pc know-how

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:42 PM

want so much to give something back to the community

Perhaps you have a first born.. :)
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 EndlessJourney

EndlessJourney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:43 AM

"Thanks" is enough.....

Just being here....showing a presence....making the odd post ...if not in actual topics then in general chat areas or 'what are you listening to', or the speak easy....etc etc....all these increase forum skills...

....pick up on some of the more basic questions asked here....and have a go......a quick google search will usually get you started.....

Experience breeds forum skills, and also pc know-how

Thank you then, thank you for everything. I will try my best to be more extrovert.

As for having a firstborn, sadly not yet. :)

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:56 PM

Thank you for the kind words. It is members such as yourself expressing gratitude, that keep our volunteers continuing their efforts. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know their efforts are appreciated. Thanks again.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 EndlessJourney

EndlessJourney
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:26 AM

I am humbled.

I just wish there were more I could do for this community. I will try to stick around this time round.

#7 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 AM

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:15 PM

This is one of the better forums. There have been so many forums ive tried to be a part of that have either banned me after a while or are not very friendly.

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

#8 nullnaught

nullnaught

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 11:34 AM

I am  bad at socializing and do not stay long at forums.   I have one friend on the internet and she rarely messages me.    I put forth no effort so i get nothing in return.   I dig my own grave.  But you all have been very nice here.  So thank you.  I think what you did by starting this thread is to show how nice you are.    Thanks.   I consider niceness very important and take care,  :)

john

#9 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:55 PM

@EndlessJourney in particular, but also @nullnaught:

Your uplifting comments "put a smile on my dial (face)" over my Sunday morning coffee here in the land of Oz (Australia).

This website is, in my opinion, unmatched, for its cross-platform approach combined with the human interest Topics, and the fact that its helpers, volunteers, put in the extra yards to help others. Kindness abounds here.

I think the fact that you have expressed yourselves simply, sincerely, yet eloquently is indicative of the likelihood that you will always be welcome here.

Enjoy the community, and take care

:wizardball: Wizard

#10 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:27 PM

Thanks for the kind words !

It's fairly simple - if you have a question, dive in and ask it. Remember the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. And if you have a suggestion to make towards solving a problem, perhaps something from your own experience, don't be afraid to make it. Just try to express yourself as simply and clearly as you can. You won't get the micky taken for trying to help.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users