Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

System hangs trying to clean boot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 twcinnh

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:06 AM

I'm trying to do a clean boot to identify where there might be software conflicts.  Each time the system hangs on "Please wait fot the User Profile Service"; and that's it.

I'm trying this because my problem seems very similar to the one addressed by this link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/event-viewer-warning-please-run-net-share-7-zip/f59966ad-a95c-4916-beab-3b47c41156d5 so I.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions.

Tom C

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:45 PM

What is the "software conflicts" problem you're trying to address?  The link you gave appears to address a case of a missing 7-ZIP installation.  If that's your problem, you can go to ninite.com to download and install it.  If not, try booting to Safe Mode and let us know what happens.

By the way, you posted this same question here twice.  That will not get you an answer any faster, it only serves to alienate some who might otherwise try to help you.

Mod Edit:  Deleted dupe post - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 17 January 2016 - 01:41 PM.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#3 sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,169 posts
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 17 January 2016 - 03:51 PM

If you boot normally, do you get this same issue?

If so, you may have to go into Windows Recovery and try to do a system restore:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users