Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello, I'm new here...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LadyMW

LadyMW

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:41 PM

Okay - so I'm a throwback, dinosaur, relic, whatever... I still do not own a cell phone  :hysterical: yeah, I know...  And I just received my first ever mobile device today... a tablet. Yep, it's a shocker! My learning curve is so steep I'm looking over backwards at my heels. Sigh. I'm not totally computer dumb, just mobile device challenged. Hey! Yesterday I did hook up my desk PC, all the peripherals, AND figured out what was sucking up all the resources non-stop... and got rid of it (all by my lonesome)! Hadn't used this computer in 5 years - the one I had been using finally died - so I broke this one back out of its corner in the closet. Humming like a finely tuned John Deere now! And I'm new to this forum venue... and the first thing I'm trying to figure out is how to add a profile photo. So hi, everyone - hope to have some fun here and learn some stuff and maybe even (eventually) help someone else who's selectively challenged by technology. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:13 PM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...Best regards.
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 LadyMW

LadyMW
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:52 AM

Thanks QuietMan... I think initially the button for posting my photo was actually missing from the update profile page... I scoured those pages carefully & never saw it... in fact, I never saw that specific page at all. Maybe I was trying to do it too soon after signing up and the system hadn't quite caught up. But, logging in today, there it was top & center. So, as you can see, my photo is now posted & showing. It's been a busy week so I haven't had time to visit here until today...

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 AM

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:18 PM

You're welcome.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif