Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop says it's burning a cd but it doesn't actually burn anything?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Roxaboxen

Roxaboxen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:47 PM

ok my boyfriend's car only plays music through radio and cds so I thought it would be great to burn him a music cd and it looks like my laptop can do that (it says "cd-rw" on the disc drive slot) so I put music on a burn list and burned it to the cd and when it was done the cd popped out but I wanted to see if the music was on there so I took the cd out and put it back in and my computer says the cd is blank. I don't understand, the driver software is up to date and I even downloaded a program to help with the burning process and even the program says the cd is blank ???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

G'day Roxaboxen, and Welcome to BC

How sure are you that you actually selected the songs to burn.....in other words there just may be a mistake in the process you followed....

or....the cd you used....has it been around for a while....and possibly been put in a cd player before..?.....or was absolutely brand new...?

Read this.....and see if any of the steps prompt you...

If you want to make a standard music CD that will play in nearly any CD player, choose the Audio CD option.

As you burn an audio CD, Windows Media Player makes temporary copies of the WMA and MP3 files in your burn list, converts the copies to another format (known as PCM), and then saves the converted copies to the disc. Here's how to burn an audio CD:

1. Click the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, click All Programs, and then click Windows Media Player.
    If the Player is currently open and you’re in Now Playing mode, click the Switch to Library button 0c578316-e144-469c-8ff0-8410564c5575_140 in the upper-right corner of the Player.
  2. In the Player Library, click the Burn tab, click the Burn options button d852b1f3-677d-4346-97e7-e146ee77bc0c_0.j, and then click Audio CD (this is the default choice).
  3. Insert a blank CD-R disc into your CD burner.

If the AutoPlay dialog box appears, close it.

If your computer has more than one CD drive, click the drive you want to use in the navigation pane.

4. If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

5. Find the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the audio CD.

For example, you can search for a particular album, browse for individual songs, or locate a playlist.

6. To create a burn list, drag items from the details pane (the pane in the middle of the Player Library) to the list pane (the pane on the right side of the Player Library).

7. If you want to change the order of the songs in the burn list, drag a song up or down in the list.

8. If you want to remove a song from the burn list, right-click the song, and then click Remove from list.

Tip
    • Don't worry—removing an item from the burn list doesn't delete it from your Player Library or your computer.

9. When you're satisfied with the list, click Start burn.

Burning a disc might take several minutes to complete.

If you have more songs in your burn list than will fit on one audio CD, you'll have the option to burn the remaining items to a second blank CD.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:55 PM

Try using a blank CD-R instead of a CD-RW.  If Condobloke's suggestions or this one still don't work for you, get hold of the Nero Burn Express package, it's $30 US in a local store here.

`

Good luck. 

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 PM

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:58 PM

No need to spend money, Roxaboxen....there are more than enough free burners to do the job....including the native windows version.

Let me know how you are getting on....there are other things we can try, other approaches to take....

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 Roxaboxen

Roxaboxen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:27 PM

Everything is pretty much okay as the car recognizes that there are songs on the cd so no biggie anymore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users