Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Many adware (SQLITE) keeps coming back

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Cherant

Cherant

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:47 PM

Dear forum,

I don't know how this started, but I've tried so many things to just get rid of these adware showing up in these scans but they just keep coming back. They all appear to be SQLITE. I have no idea what SQLITE is and a lot of the times web searches say these are harmless. I could just switch off the computer cleaning off 64 of them on one day, and switch them off and have 100 in a scan on another day.

What started it? I think it was that last time I was trying to stream a movie and clicked on some faux link instead. I think that's what started it. I think.

I tried blocking it on Blocksite, and AdBlock. So far AdBlock detects these better, and I've actually been looking at the scan logs and finding the website names in the Adblock "Open blockable items" feature and blocking them. But I only frequent some sites, and I can't find them other SQLITEs anywhere. So far I only have histats.com blocked on Adblock. ||s4.histats.com/stats/* <--- They kinda look like this in the Custom Filter tab.

So far, I noticed that it opens "disappearing pop-ups" where you just click on something or just somewhere on a browser page and a pop-up seems to come up for 0.5 seconds and disappear into the moonlight, but I know that was a pop-up and disappearing pop-ups are a thing.

I've attached FRST, Addition, and the SuperAntiSpyware logs here so you can see what's going on.

If you can help me in a way that in the future I can also help myself if similar problems pop up again, that'll be even better. I get embarrassed I have to ask for help here all the time and I realize I'm getting a free help.

Thankyou in advance.

P.S.: Followed preparation guide instructions on forum, and searched for similar topics. Since they are adware, I didn't delete them. Waiting for instructions.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Cherant

Cherant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:52 PM

The adwares keep increasing with every scan. Should I be worried or delete them first?

#3 Cherant

Cherant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

After CCleaner-ing everything, next reboot yields this at SAS. Hmm what's going on?

Attached Files

#4 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:53 PM

hi Cherant,

The SAS log just shows normal browsing cookies, not much to worry about.

You can have FF dump them automatically when you close the browser. Or change settings to accept cookies only from sites that would need them, like sites you would log into with a name/password. Reject all other cookies.

Theres also some good free software that will clean up browsing tracks- cookies included.

I will get a better look at the FRST logs also.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#5 Cherant

Cherant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

Thankyou for replying. I am more concerned about those disappearing pop-ups than anything else. I've done what you've told me and a lot of these so-called "adware" IS mostly gone but these pop-ups are still going on.

Ramblings aside, even Steam is starting to show pop-ups in a new Steam window whenever I click anywhere on the Store screen. This worries me. But then again I'm going to do some Adwcleaner and Malwarebytes' Junkware removals today. Wish me luck.

Edited by Cherant, 21 January 2016 - 08:59 PM.

#6 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,675 posts
  •  

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:32 AM

Run adwcleaner and Junkware and let me know how it goes as far as the popups are concerned.

Look in add/remove programs panel and uninstall:

Advertising Center (x32 Version: 0.0.0.1 - Nero AG) Hidden

Edited by shelf life, 22 January 2016 - 08:41 AM.

#7 Cherant

Cherant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 01:40 AM

Run adwcleaner and Junkware and let me know how it goes as far as the popups are concerned.

Look in add/remove programs panel and uninstall:

Advertising Center (x32 Version: 0.0.0.1 - Nero AG) Hidden

I will do that later, but meanwhile I can't seem to find this Advertising Center thing. I'm Windows 8.1. I may be able to post the Adw cleaner later like tonight. Later. Don't delete this post yet. :(

#8 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,675 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:06 AM

Ok. Post the Adwcleaner log. You can also download, update and run Malwarebytes. I think theres a 14 day free trial version you can try or deselect it and use the free version. Lets see if it digs up anything.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

#9 Cherant

Cherant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:51 PM

The invisible pop-ups are still going on. Meanwhile, I don't know why but Malwarebytes finally showed something, which is weird because I've scanned before and it was empty.

All these aren't removed. It's just logfiles for you until you tell me what to do. :)

Thankyou

Here are ADW and Malwarebytes logfiles.

And it's funny how scanning and killing off things that show up makes my flash game load only half screen, in this case Marvel: Avengers Alliance game. Sigh...

Attached Files

Edited by Cherant, 24 January 2016 - 09:45 PM.

#10 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,675 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:22 PM

Have Malwarebytes remove what it found. You can also download and Run Junkware Removal tool:

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

Double click the icon or Right click for Vista/W7,8 and select: Run as  administrator
    The tool will open and start scanning.
    Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
    On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically  open.
    Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/dl/293/

#11 Cherant

Cherant
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:44 PM

Err nothing much in here. Meanwhile I'll run this com for a few to see if these pop-up things come back.

Attached Files

• Attached File  JRT.txt   651bytes   3 downloads

#12 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,675 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:24 PM

Ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic