Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer crashes when I open up a browser. Please help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PrestonAbella

PrestonAbella

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:56 PM

Hello, every time I get on my computer and open up Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, from windows 10 it freezes my computer. It is all fine until after about 30 seconds of my browser being open. Then my browser goes very slow, especially while watching a youtube video then it just freezes. I try moving the mouse, that doesn't work, I try pressing ctrl, alt, and delete and that doesn't work. Nothing will work. I have Mcafee as my anti-virus, and so far it has worked well for me and I trust it completely, however when I do a virus scan to see if a virus is causing my browser to crash It comes up with 0 found viruses. In fact, I am actually running a virus scan right now just to triple check... anyways, Please help! I do not know what to do. My computer does not freeze up when I use vidogames that I play often or skype or anything. It just freezes when I open a virus. Please help! (sent from another computer lol)  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dna9

dna9

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:41 PM

download malwarebytes:

https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_current/

install it, update it, reboot, run it twice.  maybe do a "safe mode" scan.

it will take some time so go find something to do...

#3 poppykirk

poppykirk

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:41 AM

I think you should uninstall your browser and re-install your updated version of it.

#4 eddiek989

eddiek989

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:34 AM

try ccleaner make sure you don't have any extensions under your browser that might be causing the issue. restart the computer into safe mode and open up your browser, go through the event viewer in windows to see if there are any errors that could help you solve this issue, do a system scan to make sure there are no un-noticed infections.

#5 Kelz Clive

Kelz Clive

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 11 March 2016 - 02:10 PM

Before running any software fix, please make sure that the heat sinks are not clogged with dust and pet hair. More times than not when a computer lags, freezes or shuts down, it's due to a thermal issue. Of course this can always happen with corrupt drivers or bad hardware as well. If the heat sinks are clean, then proceed with software repair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users