Today I got a BSOD while using a site, Dictionary.com, that I use everyday. The screen went blue and my machine made a loud-ish static like sound.
When I restarted a Windows error/dialog box appeared with the following info:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Files that help describe the problem:
I am unable to access the .dmp file. I get a message that says Accessed Denied even though I am an administrator on my machine. I checked the folder security and it looks like I should be able to access the file. When I tried to access the sysdata.xml file, I received a message that I had to be connected to the internet. Once I got connected I went to look at the file but it was gone.
· OS - Windows 7
· original OS on system
· OS is OEM version (came pre-installed on system)
· Age of system (hardware) = ~2.5 years
· Age of OS installation = ~2.5 years. I've never re-installed the OS.
· CPU = Intel Core i3-3217U CPU @1.8 GHz
· Video Card =Intel HD 4000
· System Manufacturer= Dell
· Exact model number = Inspiron 3521
Thanks in advance for the help!