Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking For A Moving Average Program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 b1rd

b1rd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:38 PM

First, I wanted to say hello to the forum. I am new, and I'm looking forward to participating in here.

I have posted this in other forums in the past with no luck. I have also spent a fair amount of time changing up keywords while doing google searches, with no luck either.

What I'm looking for is really just a basic Moving Average program. I want a program where I can imput numbers on a daily basis, which will give me a running / moving average. IE: If I put ten numbers in, I'll get the average for all ten numbers. As I include additional numbers, the average should then change. I don't want to run Excel or anything like that, so I'm hoping there's something out there that I'm missing.

I'm looking for something that will give me the average times of my daily runs. I am aware that there are dozens of them out there for Smart Phones, but I need one for a Desktop.

Any help is VERY much appreciated, as I have looked and looked to no avail.

TIA

b1rd

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,823 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:19 PM

I did some Googling. I don't have any experience with this software and I don't know if this is what you were looking for. I am not sure if it calculates moving averages.

It supports up to Windows 8. Not sure about Windows 10. You need to have .Net Framework installed if you use XP. $35

http://www.runnersstudio.com/features.aspx 

I could not find anything that will calculate a moving average other than a spreadsheet. There are free ones out there and setting up the formula is not difficult. 

#3 b1rd

b1rd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:38 PM

Hi JohnC_21,

Thanks for the speedy response!

I have both XP and Win-10, so I'll see what that program offers, thanks. I was just hoping for something very basic. I'm even playing around with free weight management programs to see if I can substitute my times for weight, but thus fat it's not working  so great.

Anyhow, thanks again.

b1rd

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,823 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:00 PM

The only other place you may find moving average is a stock portfolio program but it would probably be a kludge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users