Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have you actually tried to file a complaint against any company lately

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:48 PM

Continueing along the same general line as buddy 215

Fileing any complaint against most companies has become a lot harder than it used to be.

I can not speak for everywhere or everyone, but here locally many companies have gone to an automated phone system and unless your interests are represented in their options you can not do much of anything.  Even speaking to a live person can be a chore.

This also seems to apply for e-mails sometimes as well.  I have filled many a e-mail/online complaint form only to get some message when I click submit that I have errors in my  form, re-submitting the form I get a different error message.

By directly controling what you can say or the questions you may ask pretty much controls the whole process.

Many companies that provide 24/7 365 services are only open to do buisness 9 to 5 5 days a week. another control mechanisim?

I would welcome thoughts on this. Pro or con.  Since becomeing personally involved with consumer protection and advocacy I have tried to file a number of complaints with various companies and regulatory agencies. In the past 10 years it has become increasingly difficult.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

My post is sort of a continuation of the post by buddy just before mine. His deals mainly with the ISP's mine is a little more general to include other companies and agencies both state and federal.

#3 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:15 PM

Well most larger companies in Australia all use the indian call centers or they fly them in under the 457 visa process and pay them a lot less and basically its a 12 weeek roster.

They fly in for 12 weeks and then return home.

Its great for them but not for local jobs because the money goes off shore with them as well, its really exploited in the IT industry and also a big investigation has been started again 7-11 franchise.

#4 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 24 January 2016 - 02:25 PM

Apparently if I want any discussion on this topic I will have to do it myself.

My first piece of advice is do not go paperless on anything.  You give up your only tangable proof that you have or have not paid something and when in a dispute. A data base entry can be altered at whim by the company and you would never know it untill too late.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users