Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Woes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wahoospa

Wahoospa

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:59 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591155/cant-get-windows-updates-to-install-no-matter-what-i-do - Hamluis.

I've had the same problem on 3 different Window 7 machines after reinstalling Windows 7. I already tried all the fixes on here and nothing has worked. The machines keep searching, searching,...  Microsoft Security Essential will update but that is about it. I've also done the "sfc /scannow", no bad or corrupt files. Did all the "regsvr32 wuaueng.dll", et al. No problems found. Did the MS "Mr Fix", no problems found. What the heck is going on with updates for Windows 7? I just decided to use Windows 7 like it is. If I get a virus I'll just have to run Hitman Pro and clean them out.

Edited by hamluis, 16 January 2016 - 08:34 AM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:41 AM

Please download and run the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Post the results in your topic.

Clicking on the link above will start the download automatically.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:56 PM

From what I can understand this update issue for Windows 7 is related to the Windows 10 upgrade option.

There is an option to install updates via an update package that only contains updates to the Windows 7 system (no drivers, no Windows 10 upgrade entries and no updates for MS software: MSSE, Office etc.)

I have used it and it is completely safe and valid. I have actually integrated all updates into my Windows 7 install media so that this update issue does not arise on my (or clients) computers in the future.

It is call Simplix and it can be found here with instruction on how to run it from desktop (live system) or integrate into install media (distribution).

After running the update package; please run Windows Update for other updates (the latest package is from December).

"Set allows you to update Windows 7 SP1 (x86 x64) and Server 2008 R2 SP1 live operating systems, as well as integrate the updates in the distribution (Install.wim). Can be installed on any language. Includes all critical, recommended, and security updates and updates for all versions of Internet Explorer. Source: forum.oszone.net/Simplix thread"

Above taken from MDL website.

Edited by bludgard, 16 January 2016 - 07:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users