Problem is, I configured a new account for Hotmail which works but I deleted the non working Hotmail profile. Now the contacts are gone.
How did you "delete the non working Hotmail profile"? Did you delete it in Outlook only? If so, you would still be able to sign in to your old Hotmail account and retrieve your contacts.
1. Open your browser.
2. Click on the link below to go to the Outlook/Hotmail sign in page:
3. Enter the username and password for your old Hotmail account and sign in.
4. Click on the icon that looks like a rubic cube near the top left corner then click the square labelled "People". Another tab will open with your contacts.
5. Click on the "All" box to select all your contacts.
6. Click on "Manage" in the toolbar then select "Export for Outlook.com and other services" in the dropdown menu.
7. In the save dialog that appears, save the CSV file to a location of your choice, e.g. Your Downloads folder.
8. Sign out from your old Hotmail account.
9. Sign in to your new Hotmail account.
10. Follow steps 1 to 4 above to open the contacts page for your new Hotmail account.
11. Click on "Start import".
12. Select "Other" from the list of possible sources.
13. Click the "Browse" button and navigate to the CSV file you downloaded earlier and double-click it.
14. That's it. Your contacts would be imported.