Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent: Need help recovering outlook contacts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vive

vive

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:32 AM

Mods. please move this thread if there is a better forum.

Using outlook 2007 I have 5 email account (most IMAP). It seems my contacts were attached to the Hotmail account.  This account has never worked for years and I used a web browser to access Hotmail.

Problem is, I configured a new account for Hotmail which works but I deleted the non working Hotmail profile. Now the contacts are gone.

How can I get back contacts from a deleted profile? If possible.

Edited by hamluis, 16 January 2016 - 04:24 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:33 PM

Problem is, I configured a new account for Hotmail which works but I deleted the non working Hotmail profile. Now the contacts are gone.

How did you "delete the non working Hotmail profile"?  Did you delete it in Outlook only?  If so, you would still be able to sign in to your old Hotmail account and retrieve your contacts.

1. Open your browser.

2. Click on the link below to go to the Outlook/Hotmail sign in page:

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&ct=1361457857&rver=6.1.6206.0&sa=1&ntprob=-1&wp=MBI_SSL_SHARED&wreply=https:%2F%2Fmail.live.com%2F%3Fowa%3D1%26owasuffix%3Dowa%252f&id=64855&snsc=1&cbcxt=mail

3. Enter the username and password for your old Hotmail account and sign in.

4. Click on the icon that looks like a rubic cube near the top left corner then click the square labelled "People".  Another tab will open with your contacts.

wt7EBQE.png

5. Click on the "All" box to select all your contacts.

SPbAtWf.png

6. Click on "Manage" in the toolbar then select "Export for Outlook.com and other services" in the dropdown menu.

eAc9ECh.png

7. In the save dialog that appears, save the CSV file to a location of your choice, e.g. Your Downloads folder.

8. Sign out from your old Hotmail account.

9. Sign in to your new Hotmail account.

10. Follow steps 1 to 4 above to open the contacts page for your new Hotmail account.

11. Click on "Start import".

M9KgHYl.png

12. Select "Other" from the list of possible sources.

vwJnpRn.png

13. Click the "Browse" button and navigate to the CSV file you downloaded earlier and double-click it.

w5Wwyxc.png

14. That's it.  Your contacts would be imported.

#3 vive

vive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:34 PM

I have been adding to a non working hotmail profile in outlook. I think the contacts are there.

I have been adding to a non working hotmail profile in outlook.  I think the contacts are there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users