Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Inexpensive Video Card that will work with Windows 10???

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:15 PM

I am helping a friend that has a Windows 7 machine that wants to update to Windows 10. It has 2 gigs of Ram and a dual core processor.  When she checks with the Windows 10 Update Requirements, it tells her that her Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 card is not compatible with Windows 10.

I am thinking it might be less expensive to purchase a separate video card that will work with Windows 10.  Would sure be less than buying a new computer.  She does want Win 10.

The computer runs fine and I do know that except for the video card the computer does meet the requirements.

Could someone suggest an "inexpensive" video card that would meet the Windows 10 specifications.

Thanks so much for your assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,222 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 AM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:36 PM

http://ivanrf.com/en/nvidia-compatibility-issue-with-windows-10/

You may be able to manually upgrade windows 10 and use the method on this page, hopefully you wont need to spend a dime on it

Edited by MadmanRB, 15 January 2016 - 05:37 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users