Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Do I look For Exactly To Replace Netbook HDD? Asus Ee PC 1005HA

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Phabeon

Phabeon

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:15 PM

Asus Eee PC Netbook 1000HA, ARM n270 CPU, 1gb RAM, 160gb HDD

After dozens and dozens of attempts to install LInux on it, I think i have to accept my HDD is toast as it fails on the install each time.  

Now POST shows a SMART error:

Master HARD Disk: S.M.A.R.T. Status BAD, Backup and Replace

Press F1 to RESUME

So there we have it..  going into BIOS it shows my specs as above. 

What exactly do I look for on Newegg to replace this? 

Also anyone know the difference on these 2 below? 

Manufacturer Recertified Corsair 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC CSSD-F60GB2B/RF2

v/s

Corsair Force LS 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) CSSD-F60GBLSB/RF2 - Certified Refurbished

???

Please advise,

oNe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:40 AM

Google Results

Louis

#3 Phabeon

Phabeon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:24 AM

Google Results

Louis

haha, thanks, but those are same results I have when using the google for "replacing the hdd" but i wasn't asking HOW to replace the HDD..  but was asking specifically replace it with WHAT? 

lot of the google kept stating a internal netbook drive.. but the rest of the google kept stating a 2.5" sata drive...

this forum does not seem to allow one to attach pictures saved locally..

but the homie hooked me up with what I needed so didn't even need to buy anything. 

now i'm rocking a 120gb SSD

oNe

#4 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:57 AM

Upload the photos to imgur and give us the link.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 Phabeon

Phabeon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:02 AM

Upload the photos to imgur and give us the link.

correct but most other forums in the advanced options have the ability to upload/attach pics from your local drive..    

Was just curious if i'm missin it here or if its not really available? 

regards,

oNe

#6 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:04 AM

Yeah sorry we don't have that.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:56 AM

How to take and share a screen shot in Windows - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial96.html

I don't understand your comment about not knowing what to replace with.  Seems to me it's simple enough to remove the drive, take a look at it, then find/purchase one that looks identical (except for the brand name).

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 19 January 2016 - 10:58 AM.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:23 AM

You can post a screenshot in your topic as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 Phabeon

Phabeon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

You can post a screenshot in your topic as an attachment.  

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png

BINGO!!!  thats exactly what I was looking for..

However I think I see the problem now, I am using Chrome Version 47.0.2526.111 m and it appears sometimes that sometimes the option is there and sometimes it is not....

Any suggestions?     ex.  IN this post its currently available but I am active in another thread and I am following the same steps as here and the attach option is not available? 

What gives?    see attached..

oNe

Attached Files

#10 Phabeon

Phabeon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 12:07 PM

How to take and share a screen shot in Windows - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial96.html

I don't understand your comment about not knowing what to replace with.  Seems to me it's simple enough to remove the drive, take a look at it, then find/purchase one that looks identical (except for the brand name).

Louis

haha, CLEARLY my friend you've never taken apart an Asus EEe Pc Netbook...  keyword:   NETBOOK

its quite involved actually, you basically have to take apart the whole thing, remove keyboard and various connection ribbons just to get at it to see the HDD..

At the time, a homie came thru with the hookup, being that I was at work I was QUICKLY trying to discern if what he provided me with would be adequate for my desired task..  see attached

My apologies for all the confusion but doing all this between work makes me lose my train of thought perhaps, i.e. what I think i'm asking is vastly different then what I end up asking..  my bad

oNe

Attached Files

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:40 PM

No problem :).

Initially, I provided those links so that you might see the difficulties or ease that others have gone through.  I would never plan to replace a system component...until I was sure that I could access/replace it via a trial.

Anyway...good luck :).

Louis

#12 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 05:13 PM

As it was explained to me sometime back certain forums at Bleeping computer do not support attachments. Others do.and sometimes the more reply options does not work all the time even in the forums that do support attachments or so I have found for me on my pc.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:21 PM

True enough about all forums/subforums not supporting...but this forum does :).

Louis

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:54 AM

As it was explained to me sometime back certain forums at Bleeping computer do not support attachments. Others do.and sometimes the more reply options does not work all the time even in the forums that do support attachments or so I have found for me on my pc.

If you look at the image below you will see where it states "You can upload up to 6.1MB of file (Max. single file size 6.1MB)"

attachment_zps9v6amtri.png

Once you exceed this limit you can't post any more attachments unless you delete other attachments to drop below the maximum limit.

Edit: After posting this information it Post #8 I discovered that the limit has been raised from 235.3 k to the current 6.1MB.

Edited by dc3, 21 January 2016 - 09:59 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#15 Phabeon

Phabeon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 134 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:21 AM

If you look at the image below you will see where it states "You can upload up to 6.1MB of file (Max. single file size 6.1MB)"

attachment_zps9v6amtri.png

Once you exceed this limit you can't post any more attachments unless you delete other attachments to drop below the maximum limit.

Edit: After posting this information it Post #8 I discovered that the limit has been raised from 235.3 k to the current 6.1MB.

I don't quite think thats it.. Gotta think theres more to it.

PEEP:

AGAIN in this thread when I click on MORE REPLY options I have the ability to attach files, note: my max is now 9.86mb, yesterday it was 6.1mb).  Capture 1

However in a another thread(posted in the linux section) when I click on MORE REPLY options I don't have any attach option..   Capture 2

Both tabs are open in the same browser window

What gives? 

oNe

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users