Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why Are My Fans So Damn Loud

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ryanexpress

Ryanexpress

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:43 PM

Hey guys, I got a question, recently, I brought my comp to gets its motherboard replaced, anyways, before I did that, the fans on the computer would be pretty quiet, but when they replaced it, the are going full blast. Here are the temps of the case(26 degrees celecius) and the CPU(37 degrees celsius). this is driving me insane

**title edited~Groovicus**

Edited by jgweed, 28 July 2006 - 03:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:30 AM

Welcome to BC! :thumbsup:

Really, I don't think we would be able to answer that for you. Perhaps you should ask the person who replaced the mobo for you.

Some ideas that come to mind are: Perhaps the fans weren't working correctly before, therefore your computer overheated and the mobo fried. Or, perhaps there is a way to adjust the speed of the fans, thereby slowing them down and in the process, quiteing them down. But without physically looking at your computer I would not know if there are ways to slow down the fans. Another idea is perhaps you have cheap fans, cheap fans don't last long and they tend to be loud. Big computer manufacturers use cheap fans as a rule.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:41 AM

Perhaps when they replaced the mobo they didn't apply the thermal paste to the processor properly causing more heat to be generated.

What temp is the processor running at?

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:45 AM

It could be that the fans used to be hooked up to the motherboard and it was controlling the fan speed according to temps, but that they are now hooked directly to the PSU and are running at full speed all the time.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 Ryanexpress

Ryanexpress
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:29 AM

Ehh, i have decided to let the fans stay like that, considering that the CPU is running at 36 degrees celcius and the case at 25 degrees celcius.

#6 Ryanexpress

Ryanexpress
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2006 - 06:19 PM

Ehh, i have decided to let the fans stay like that, considering that the CPU is running at 36 degrees celcius and the case at 25 degrees celcius.

Well, I know it has ben a long time, but I resolved the problem by replacing the heatsink, and WOW, what a difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users