Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fresh installation of Win 7 problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 imrightyourleft

imrightyourleft

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:44 AM

Hi,

I am wanting to install a fresh clean install of Win7 64 bit on to a brand new hd on my PC

However, the problem I am having is that I cannot even get to the install/accept user license agreement stage.

Basically when I insert the Win7 64bit installation disc, I get nothing, no response, no disc booting up process. Instead it just stalls at a black screen with a fast blinking cursor. And yes, I have set the boot process to priotise boot from CD/DVD as priority 1 in the bios setup

Strange thing is that I got it to launch and boot up twice before on the same day but had to start over due to other errors during the installtion process. But as for now, I want to at least get my CD/DVD rom drive to read, load and boot up the installtion process as it has decided to do twice before but suddenly not now at all.

I am trying to install this on an Asus P5KPL-AM motherboard Q6600 CPU and 4GB memory.

Thanks very much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:29 PM

If you have had prior attempts which reflected installation errors...and now the system does not recognize respond to the install media...my guess would be that the media is the culprit/problem.

Louis

#3 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:51 PM

You can try to create a new Windows 7 installation DVD - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#4 imrightyourleft

imrightyourleft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:27 PM

Thank you for your responses, I will try this (installing Win7 fresh via USB flash drive) and get back to you and let you know how it goes. My hope is that the biot setup utility on my PC recognises USB.

Edited by imrightyourleft, 15 January 2016 - 03:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users