Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reimagineplus or whatever they call themselves now

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bodger

Bodger

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:00 AM

This is a terrible programme.

I purchased via Paypal when I had virus problems.

I ran the programme four times, over forty hours work.

The programme merely deletes ALL microsoft updates while pretending to do a variety of problem solving.

The company ignores all emails.

They do NOT reimburse the purchaser.

Paypal returned the funds to me out of their own pocket.

I suggest that you avoid.

Bleeping Computers is a fantastic site, I am surprised that they allow ads from this company.

To: "service@reimageplus.com" <service@reimageplus.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:15 PM
Subject: Complaint concerning your Reimage Repair Product

I sent you a full report on the problems that your programme was unable to cure over a week ago.
I am a paying customer and I have still not had a reply.
I am very dissatisfied with your service.

I suggest that you repay the money deducted from my Paypal account as I am not prepared to use a service offering such a poor service.

Edmund Brooke 

Email to Payment to G2S(SC)

I purchased a programme from Reimagine
on 30th Jan 2015 for £21.95.
PayPal Express Checkout Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID 8E067596XD513273T)
Order Description:  928163048
I have submitted a full report via the programme contact page  to Reimagine
concerning the four attempts to remove a virus from my computer.
I have further emailed them at
service@reimageplus.com
I have had no response from Reimagine.
Can you please assist as I would like the £21.95 refunded.

Edited by hamluis, 15 January 2016 - 05:06 PM.
Moved from Crashes/BSODs to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:24 PM

G'day Bodger, and Welcome to BC

You efforts to contact reimage will be futile. This is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) with a far from good reputation.

It is most likely you unwittingly downloaded this program ./... Reiage is a system optimizer utility, which is promoted via other free downloads, and once installed it claims that several issues were been detected on your computer.
However, if you try to fix these issues, ReImage PC Repair Online will state that you need to buy its full version before being able to do so.

Despite the obvious effort you have put in...it is highly likely that your computer is still infected.

In your reply, please tell me which OS you are running...(win 8, win 7,..?...)....and any other detail you wish to include, such as any current unusual behavior.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Bodger

Bodger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for that Condobloke

I am surprised that Bleeping Computers is advertising Reimagine, how do I go about complaining to BC?

I now have a new Dell laptop thanks to horserace winnings!

The old one, Windows 7, is waiting until I have the time to restore to factory settings before upgrading to Windows10, this should sort the problem.

I purchased BulllGuard; after investigation; for the Dell, the first time I have ever paid for an AV programme, 55 pounds, 3 years, 3 computers.

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:09 PM

We are not directly advertising with Reimage, but they are being displayed via the google ads. When I view the site with ads enabled, I never see those ads. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

From what I understand about the program, other than their methods of advertising the program itself is not considered problematic. I am not sure what issues you had, but when I tested it in the past, it did not do anything concerning.

#5 Bodger

Bodger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:35 AM

G'day to you Condobloke

Apologises for the long delay in my reply, i needed to run Microsoft 10 for a month or two.................or three.............>

It is the very worst programme imaginable.

Thanks to Glaysoft I have managed to continually clear out all the insentient downloaded rubbish, contaminated and corrupt files, etc. , average time wasted 3-4 hours a day!

Linux Mint 17.3 may be what I am looking for but I am concerned of course about moving into yet another unknown field.

You can catch me on Twitter- EdmundBrooke

Thanks for the info

Bodger

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:10 PM

Hello again.

I have moved to the Linux OS myself.

I am now running Linux Mint 18 (Sarah) Cinnamon.

You can find all the help in the world HERE

BC has a dedicated team which helped me through the transition.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#7 Bodger

Bodger
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:16 PM

I appreciate your attention Condobloke, I obviously have MORE homework with your excellent directions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users