Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Uninstall Musicmatch...help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Brie987

Brie987

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 27 July 2006 - 11:01 PM

Please help me remove Music match jukebox. I hate it. I have tried using the Add/Remove within the Control Panel and nothing happens. I also have tried removing the folder but it will not. Please help. I'm using XP professional. Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:19 AM

From MusicMatches support page:
How to uninstall and reinstall the Musicmatch Windows Media Player plugin for Windows XP

To uninstall and reinstall the Musicmatch Windows Media Player plugin for Windows XP, please do the following:

- Click the Start button on the Windows taskbar.
- Click "Control Panel".
- Click "Add or Remove Programs".
- Select "Musicmatch for Media Player".
- Click the "Change/Remove" button.
- Select "Yes" if you are asked to verify that you want to remove any shared files.
- Reboot your PC.
http://wwws.musicmatch.com/faq/PLUG033.htm

Do it in safe mode.

You probably have to disable it from starting when Windows loads. If a program is running you can't uninstall it.

Use Startup Inspector to identify it and disable it from starting when you boot your computer:
Startup Inspector (manages startup menu helps you identify aps in the startup menu so you can disable unnecessary programs from running in the background when they are not needed)

And

Startup Monitor (a small freeware ap available on the same page to notify you and require your permission for any program to add itself to your startup menu)

http://www.windowsstartup.com/download.php

#3 Brie987

Brie987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:36 PM

I have tried both options. Thank you but non worked although just having those two applications will help in the futer. But Im still stuck with MusicMatch Juke box. I can use the memory it is taking up and just want to be rid of it. I hate Music Match. Can anyone else help me please. Thanks again.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:06 PM

Couldn't you stop it from starting in the start menu?

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:54 PM

You could always try Uninstall Plus! It is a program that is available on a trial basis HERE. I use it regularly and like it. Not only will it start a specific program's uninstaller, but then it will search the registry for any traces of the deleted program.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#6 Brie987

Brie987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:01 PM

I did. But still, it will not uninstall. I will try Uninstall Plus. Thanks you guys!

#7 Brie987

Brie987
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:14 PM

Wow! It worked! ITs gone and Im free of MusicMatch. Thanks a lot. I have donated to this site once and I will again now. Im also buying this software; Uninstall Plus. Great for stupids like myself and it also checks your start up items. Thanks again all of you for your help. Take care.

#8 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:29 AM

Wow! It worked! ITs gone and Im free of MusicMatch. Thanks a lot. I have donated to this site once and I will again now. Im also buying this software; Uninstall Plus.

I'm glad it worked out for you. At Bleeping Computer we like to recommend free software, or at least software with a free trial. Too bad there is no free software that works as well as Uninstall Plus. At least none that I am aware of, but the trial period is nice to have, anyway.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users