Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Constant different BSODs on boot. Cannot load OS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 graaaeme10

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:46 PM

Over 24 hours my PC has declined into not being able to boot into anything 99% of the time. Most of the time the Gigabyte logo will show (can still access BIOS), the loading symbol will rotate as it does, then it will freeze and bring up a BSOD. Here are some of the messages I've encountered:
kmode_exception_not_handled on startup

To start with I was playing GTAV, no high temps or anything and it crashed, upon clicking the Don't report button or whatever I got the initial bsod, followed by a boot manager error with status 0xc000000f. After returning BIOS to original settings, tried again, no luck, I think a couple of tries later I loaded windows for about an hour and then it got worse.

So anyway, through the process I have removed my hard drives, Graphics card, wifi card, and all usb devices. Have tried both sticks of ram one by one in different slots etc. I have plugged in a formatted spare hard drive, which was functioning fine on another pc, and created some windows installation media on USB. A couple of times I have gotten to the install menu with it BSOD'ing soon after. Most of the time it will do as I described above.

I have reset the BIOS via the jumper as well. 

The system is about 3 weeks old, here are the Specs:
Gigabyte Z170 HD3
I5 6600k Skylake
EVGA GTX 960 SSC (currently removed)
Seagate 2gb SSHD (currently removed)
Crucial 8GB DDR4 x2 (both swapped, checked etc)

All that is plugged in now is my monitor, USB drive with windows installation media on it, keyboard, and obviously the CPU.

At one point I managed to run a memory check, and that was ok, but now I doubt I could even get to that stage.

I can freely access BIOS without any interruptions.
Unfortunately I can't get any dump/error code information.

At this stage I'm thinking it must be a hardware issue, motherboard or CPU I guess.

Bleepingcomputer, what else can I try? At a real loss here.
Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Vcut

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:17 AM

Have you tried booting in Safe Mode? See if you can boot to windows without getting BSoD and try to follow these posting instructions.

#3 usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,084 posts
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 17 January 2016 - 05:06 PM

EDIT:  Sorry for the delay in responding, lot's going on around my house, family, and work.

Multiple different BSOD's are usually  symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things (the list is not in any sort of order):
- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)
- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)
- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.
- dirt/dust/hair/fur/crud inside the case.  Blow out the case/vents with canned air (DO NOT use an air compressor or vacuum as they can cause damage to the system)
- missing Windows Updates
- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers), older systems, or even pirated systems
- low-level driver problems
- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html or http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html ).

Please get a head start on the hardware diagnostics - they are located here:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

Edited by usasma, 17 January 2016 - 05:07 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users