Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't remove old winzip from uninstall programs list

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aworrier

aworrier

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:06 PM

A while back, ESET removed Winzip and now I'm left with this weird remnant of the listing on my computer. When trying to remove it from the uninstall programs list I get the following:

0V38v77.png

I think this is because the files were removed by ESET. I've tried using RevoPro and downloading the newest version of Winzip and uninstalling that, but neither of those options worked as recommended before on here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:13 PM

Install EVERYTHING (select either 32 bit or 64 bit)

When you click and open it....it will automatically scan....it is quite quick

type in whatever you are trying to find.....

then right click on it, and select delete

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 aworrier

aworrier
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:24 PM

Install EVERYTHING (select either 32 bit or 64 bit)

When you click and open it....it will automatically scan....it is quite quick

type in whatever you are trying to find.....

then right click on it, and select delete

Thank you. Will just searching for "winzip" get all its remnants out of my system?

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,049 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:33 PM

If there are remnants in the system relating to what was removed by Eset...it will find them.

If you are unsure what you are looking for etc....it would be extra wise to have a backup in place before you remove anything.....also a Restore point.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/86721-programs-features-remove-uninstall-entry.html

#6 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:49 PM

You can try to reinstall WinZip, then uninstall it.

Perhaps there is a file(s) missing that is required for uninstalling it.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#7 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

The following Fix-it from Microsoft might be worth a shot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall?wa=wsignin1.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users