Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

User Account Windows10 ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sportman12

sportman12

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:53 PM

I tryed to change my User Account email on Windows10 I did I could npt get it to add a microsoft account email address or add a local account what I did by mistake was only add admin account password protected what do I do to add a microsoft account email address or add a local account please

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dvlpr

dvlpr

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:12 AM

If you used an email account, you registered with a Microsoft Live Account, and if you forgot/don't have that password to that Live Account, the only way you can get access to that Account is by going through Microsoft itself - which means you'll have to satisfy their verification process to prove you are the rightful owner of that Account.

If you can't regain access to that Live Account you set up initially, that User - the super Administrator, sts, - will be forever locked-out of that computer, and all his/her files, which, btw, are synced with the Live Account's cloud, are totally non-accessible.

The only other way, I believe, to regain super Administrator status to that computer without that initial password is to do a full, clean install on it and start over.

However, the are ways to both add a Local Account Administrator to the computer even when locked-out as described above, as there are ways to add regular Users to the computer; the difference being, of course, regular users don't have the authority to amend the computer (add/remove/change Programs, eg) like Local Administrators do.

Naturally, the lesson to be learned here is DON'T INSTALL via a LIVE ACCOUNT with Microsoft - bypass that option to install with a LOCAL ACCOUNT.

However #2: if you don't install with a Live Account, all the cloud features of 10 (like Cortana, eg) will not be available to you, which is perfectly great for those of us who simply want the latest, sound OS, and not all the privacy-invading tripe included naturally with 10.

Short story: if you can't retrieve your Live Account password legitimately through Microsoft, and you're not up to learning how to adjust your situation yourself, you're definitely going to have to find someone to help you out - unless, of course, you can simply clean reinstall 10 ( I believe).

Word of advice: there are a ton of net software offerings that boast they can crack your LIVE ACCOUNT password (for $$, of course), but they're lying because that password doesn't reside on your computer - it's in the cloud with MS.

Many of those same programs can retrieve your Local Account Administrator and User Account passwords since they do reside on your computer, but if you installed with a Live Account, that's not your problem which needs addressed.

#3 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:23 AM

dvlpr I  have a hotmail account  I want to have microsoft account and Local account I made a mistake and have add admin account password protected only I want a  microsoft account and Local account get back to me please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users