Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for a good Windows 7 Backup site

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yacCopiedMBAMxd

yacCopiedMBAMxd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:00 PM

Hello everyone,

I was looking at some cryptolocker threads, and now I want to set up backup of my PC. Windows backup takes space on your Hard disks and I can't afforf that much space. Basically, I use a cloud where most of my important documents and pictures are stored, but I am looking for a safe site/program that can backup all of my data (C, D and E hard disks) online, so I can download the files anytime or overwrite my current files with the backed-up files in case, at example, my PC gets infected with a ransomware. I'm not really willing to pay for that kind of service, so please reply only with free/cracked programs or free sites.
By the way, I'm sorry if my English isn't perfect.

Regards,
Mata

Edited by hamluis, 14 January 2016 - 04:53 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Backup/Imaging - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Will5200

Will5200

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:27 PM

Most, if not all of your main stream backup to cloud services, such as Carbonite and Mozy, include a charge (admittedly not much). How I do it is Windows Easy Transfer to a small (1 TB) external drive, which backs up data.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/how-does-windows-easy-transfer-make-setting-up-a-computer-easier

#3 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:42 PM

Hi and Welcome to BleepingComputer

There are restrictions, but Tech Radar produces a long list while Microsoft has its own.

You can also Google "Free Windows 7 Backup site" and Cobian Backup, Azure Backup and others have direct links...

I did not check, but often there are lists kept on this site

Thank You -

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

#4 Houdini5150

Houdini5150

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:08 PM

Mozy, crashplan, check out their small fees one of those you can backup for free to an external drive.  otherwise use dropbox to backup important stuff or google.

Look into external drives for backups?

#5 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 AM

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:33 AM

What happens if the Cloud rains?  [As rare as such happens, rare doesn't matter if it rains on you & your stuff]

http://www.networkworld.com/article/2173255/cloud-computing/cloud-s-worst-case-scenario-what-to-do-if-your-provider-goes-belly-up.html

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2612299/cloud-storage/cloud-storage-provider-nirvanix-is-closing-its-doors.html

Do you have ext usb HD[s] and have Macrium Reflect free as a local backup of your cloud backup plan?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#6 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 456 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:36 PM

Hi again.

I feel that we have given you a large range to choose from, and to add others may only confuse the situation more..

Generally if you do select any options put forward, or have questions regarding anything put up, it is now better to direct towards that (those) item(s) only.

>> By the way, I'm sorry if my English isn't perfect.<< I think we all understood your question very well, based on the range of answers.

Thank You.

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users