Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emsisoft support.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:41 PM

I know this forum does not like multiple threads on the same subject but since it will now be more related to emsisoft I thought it best to put it here.

The other thread is in general security. If a mod wants to merge or move this one that is ok.

Late last night I got a response from emsisoft support desk.  A tech there started working on my issue without much luck.  He said something was not quite right but not shure what or why and wanted to open a remote access session.  Would this be normal for emsisoft?

He was supposed to e-mail me back with instructions but has not done so yet.  I had to end the session last night because I was really tired.

Since this morning I have not been able to get back in touch with him. No e-mails at all not even spam, which I useually get about 10 a day lol.

Nothing at all this morning.

Edited by hamluis, 14 January 2016 - 01:08 PM.
Moved from All Other Appst to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

danny, I suggest you to post about this issue on Emsisoft Forums directly.

https://support.emsisoft.com/

BleepingComputer isn't a "gateway" forum that can help you get in touch with support team for programs you use. This being said, I'll see if a Mod can move this thread in the Antivirus/Antimalware section, and I'm sure that Fabian, Elise, GT500 or another Emsisoft Rep will notice your thread soon and take action if needed.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:25 PM

Thank you Aura I am allready in touch with Emsisoft Support by e-mail at this time.  I have used emsisoft a number to times over the years. First time I have had one of their people ask to actually access my machine.  Which is why I asked here I know there are several members who are with emsisoft. Includeing you if IIRC.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,480 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:31 PM

I'm not with Emsisoft, I merely assist them as a Malware Hunter on their forums.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

Yes, sometimes support members of Emsisoft will request remote access via TeamViewer to take a look at your machine directly.

I have been helped by one of them in the past when I was still using Online Armor.

Edit: It is best that you post in their forum directly to get help.

Edited by Sintharius, 14 January 2016 - 01:35 PM.

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,946 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:17 PM

Some of the employees involved with Emsisoft product development, research and technical support are well known security experts who have volunteered their personal time to assist victims of malware infection long before their program was created. They still stay personally involved with helping victims on Internet forum boards as well as provide individual support services to users of their products. This means they are personally tuned into the day to day analysis of active malware and any reported issues with their software so they are able to respond quickly to them.

At least three of the Emsisoft Team provide assistance to members here at Bleeping Computer as already noted by Aura. Fabian has been given remote access to many of our member's systems who were victimized by ransomware so that he could investigate and help. I personally trust the Emsisoft Support Team more than any other anti-virus support techs.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:17 PM

Thank you all. I have always considered Emsisoft a very trustworthy operation.  I was just a little surprised this was the first time anyone there ever asked to look in my machine.

I am thinking it may be better to use their  forum instead of e-mail assistance.  My e-mail seems to be acting up again.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,946 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community and good luck.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#9 Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar

Authorized Emsisoft Representative

• Security Developer
  • 743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

Would this be normal for emsisoft?

It has become somewhat normal at this point, yes. A lot of users don't feel comfortable performing more detailed troubleshooting steps themselves, so we offer to perform them for them using tools like TeamViewer. That way, the user doesn't have to worry about getting often long instructions right and it also eliminates the back and forth via email, usually leading to more satisfying results sooner. If you don't feel comfortable with TeamViewer, you can always say so and the support representative will send you instructions via email instead. 

Best regards,

Fabian Wosar [Development]
Emsisoft Team - www.emsisoft.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users