Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 Lenovo y510p laptop troubleshoot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AndyPark

AndyPark

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:41 AM

So this morning I woke up like usual and start my laptop up. It took a while like usual to boot up then it went straight to the :( your computer needs restarting blue screen and I thought hmmm this happened a few times and usually gets fixed. This time it went not to the home lock screen but the trouble shooting blue screen after picking my language and type of keyboard. Then it goes to two options "advance options" or "shutdown" I go to advance settings then there were 3 more options. Refresh settings, reset settings or advance options so I chose refresh cause I didn't want my files to get erased since I haven't backed them up yet. I click refresh and a message says that my drive where Windows is installed is locked. And it told me to unlock it and try again. So how do I access this? I forced shutdown but the same thing happens for a few times. Now I'm worried about this problem. Can anyone help me before I actually have to reset my laptop?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:25 PM

G'day AndyPark, and Welcome to BC

Try this   ::

The cause for this error is normally a corrupt MBR or BCD file. To resolve this issue, there are a few things you may want to try.

1] Boot into Advanced Boot Options. From the WinRE screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt. Run Check Disk using CMD. You may use the chkdsk /r command.

2] If a system file required for booting up has become corrupted, running System File Checker may help you.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

#3 AndyPark

AndyPark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:00 PM

Yeah so I've tried both of it but none works since I don't have the option to restart and one of the command requires a restart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users