Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Subscription Data Stopped Working. Could I be Infected?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lechols

lechols

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:04 AM

Hi Everyone,

I've been having a problem for about a month connecting to some applications that I subscribe to for market data.  I thought the problem was with my ISP and they have been here repeatedly.  They changed my modem and my splitters.  I've changed my ethernet connections but nothing helps.  Talking to my software IT department yesterday they mentioned that itlooks like my system is overloaded because of programs possibly running in the background.  I'm having other minor instability issues with Mozilla Firefox and Outlook.  My main issue is not being able to access my subscription data.  Could I be infected?

I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.  I have Norton Internet Security installed.  I've run Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy almost daily since the onset of this issue on December 3.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Lisa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lechols

lechols
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:05 PM

Hi Again,

I'm having other strange issues.  My desktop icons keep changing to things I don't recognize and my Firefox profiles keep disappearing, even after I create new ones.  Is there a way I can check to see if I am infected?  Any ideas?

Thanks,

L

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users