Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opera Bookmarks not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Beaker77

Beaker77

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:04 AM

I am coming back to my trusted BC for an answer.

Just for kicks, I installed Opera. It went OK and all my bookmarks were imported from Chrome. The Opera version is 34.0.2036.47.

When I  enable the Bookmarks bar under Settings and enter the same bookmarks I have on Chrome , they show up OK but when clicked the sites do not come up. I have tried all I know at present with no luck. Opera is a completely new browser to me, so I am a total novice and need a clue from more Opera experienced users.

Can anybody tell me how to make these bookmarks live ? Once these Bookmarks bar items work with Opera, the browser will be great and just as good as Chrome.

I use Windows XP Home with SP3 and Sandboxie to access the net. Chrome is my default  browser and works perfectly.

Edited by Beaker77, 14 January 2016 - 08:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Beaker77

Beaker77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 184 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:02 AM

58 views with no replies. Ah well, never mind I have solved it.

My bookmarks from Chrome have been imported and  listed in Opera, but the folders I have on my Chrome Bookmarks bar do not work. They do not have the drop down  panels showing the many sites contents and in Opera are showing  empty..

Solution - delete the Chrome carry over Bookmarks bar folders and create new Opera folders in their place. Then access the Opera bookmarks imports and drag and drop the sites into the  folders. My Bookmarks bar is now  the same as Chrome, where I can click the Bookmarks bar folder and see the drop down panels showing the many sites included. One click on the selected site and it comes up.

One thing I have noticed is that Opera is infinitely more responsive (faster) than Chrome. In fact, now I can get everything I want to duplicate my Bookmarks bar as on Chrome, I feel that Opera is a much better browser, simply because it is faster.

See :-

fpaXfH4.jpg

Edited by Beaker77, 15 January 2016 - 09:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users