Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems after installing Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Ozntr

Ozntr

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:11 AM

Hello everyone,

I have an Asus N53 laptop and i changed my atheros wifi adaptor with an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 because of some connection problems. However, after installing N-2230 i went to device manager and there was a yellow exclamation mark next to my network adapter. 

I made perfectly sure the black and white connectors were properly attached to the adapter, and rebooted the laptop many times. .I already tried to update or uninstall the drivers, but none of them working for me. Could someone assist me and tell me what's wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rikairchy

Rikairchy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:42 AM

Have you ensured you are using the proper architecture (32 vs 64 bit) as well as the proper operating system version (7 vs 8 vs 8.1 vs 10)?

In the device manager, please right click the malfunctioning device, and select Properties. In the Event tab, change the Property dropdown to Problem Status.

Please take a screenshot and attach it to your next post.

#3 Ozntr

Ozntr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:32 AM

Yes, I am using Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.
Here is how it is looks like, sorry for the turkish language. I will do my best for translating it.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   441.67KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  2.png   407.77KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  3.png   427.88KB   1 downloads
  • Attached File  4.png   393.09KB   1 downloads

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

Go here and download the version for 8.1 64bit. I recommend the larger download which includes intel's wireless software. I recommend you also uninstall the current driver. See the instructions for install on the page I linked to. You don't need the WiDi software in step 3.

Windows 8.1, 64-bit*Language: English Size: 107.41 MB

Wireless_18.21.0_e164.exe

#5 Ozntr

Ozntr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:29 PM

Go here and download the version for 8.1 64bit. I recommend the larger download which includes intel's wireless software. I recommend you also uninstall the current driver. See the instructions for install on the page I linked to. You don't need the WiDi software in step 3.

Windows 8.1, 64-bit*Language: English Size: 107.41 MB

Wireless_18.21.0_e164.exe

I installed it, now i see the new driver version in device settings, but it doesn't work too. In general tab, it keeps saying

"This device can not start"(Code 10)

"The requested operation failed"

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,663 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:43 PM

Is there is a yellow exclamation mark next to the device? I would remove and attach the card again and make sure the antenna wires are securely attached. It could be a bad card. 

Edit: Have you tried rebooting the computer? Remove the battery and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain off any power before removing the card and touch some bare metal to ground yourself.

Edited by JohnC_21, 14 January 2016 - 03:46 PM.

#7 Ozntr

Ozntr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:56 PM

Is there is a yellow exclamation mark next to the device? I would remove and attach the card again and make sure the antenna wires are securely attached. It could be a bad card. 

Edit: Have you tried rebooting the computer? Remove the battery and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain off any power before removing the card and touch some bare metal to ground yourself.

Yes, it still has a yellow mark in device manager. I'm sure that i properly attached attenna wires because i checked it like three times. Should i change the attenna wires with each other? But i think it's not gonna work either anyway. I rebooted computer after every drive install, but it's still the same. Maybe the card is bad, but i don't think so. Thanks for all your answers again, i'm very appricated.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,663 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

You can verify if this is a bad card by downloading Fatdog64 based on Puppy linux. Burn the iso to disk and boot. If it detects the wireless card you should be able to connect if it is not a hardware problem. I don't believe changing the antenna wires will help.

You will need to disable SecureBoot in BIOS and possibly enable Legacy Boot before Fatdog will boot.

Fatdog64-701.iso

If you do not have a disk you can use Rufus with a USB flash drive to boot. Backup any data currently on the flash drive. When you run Rufus, select iso image instead of Freedos in the dropdown box, click on the folder icon and browse to the iso you downloaded. Press Start. 

I believe the boot menu for ASUS is either Esc or F8. Tap that at boot and select the USB flash drive. You may need to change boot priority in UEFI/BIOS to your USB flash drive.

#9 Ozntr

Ozntr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:35 PM

You can verify if this is a bad card by downloading Fatdog64 based on Puppy linux. Burn the iso to disk and boot. If it detects the wireless card you should be able to connect if it is not a hardware problem. I don't believe changing the antenna wires will help.

You will need to disable SecureBoot in BIOS and possibly enable Legacy Boot before Fatdog will boot.

Fatdog64-701.iso

If you do not have a disk you can use Rufus with a USB flash drive to boot. Backup any data currently on the flash drive. When you run Rufus, select iso image instead of Freedos in the dropdown box, click on the folder icon and browse to the iso you downloaded. Press Start. 

I believe the boot menu for ASUS is either Esc or F8. Tap that at boot and select the USB flash drive. You may need to change boot priority in UEFI/BIOS to your USB flash drive.

I installed it and its working :o I don't know what should i do now, but atleast i know it's not a hardware problem thanks to you.

Edited by Ozntr, 14 January 2016 - 04:48 PM.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,663 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:05 PM

Yes, definitely a Windows 8 problem. Have you tried the Network Troubleshooter in Windows?

#11 Ozntr

Ozntr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

Yes, definitely a Windows 8 problem. Have you tried the Network Troubleshooter in Windows?

Yes i did but it's not working. I think it's the last option, i'm gonna install windows 7 and hope it will work.

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,663 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:25 PM

I don't understand why the device does not work with the intel driver. I can try looking for the basic files to install via Device Manager if you like? I am not sure I will find it though.

#13 Ozntr

Ozntr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:29 PM

I don't understand why the device does not work with the intel driver. I can try looking for the basic files to install via Device Manager if you like? I am not sure I will find it though.

I think so, it's not gonna work :(

Anyway, thank you very much for helping, i'll install windows 7 to my computer, and see if it works. I will write here again soon.

#14 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,663 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:30 PM

Okay, fingers crossed.

#15 Ozntr

Ozntr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:47 PM

Okay, fingers crossed.

It's not working, i'm done lol. My old card was Atheros AR9002WB-1NG, maybe my laptop is not compatible with this intel card :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users