Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recover data from Hard drive

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Tabeer

Tabeer

• Banned Spammer
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:33 AM

A few days ago my laptop fell from table and due to this hard drive crashed. Now How can I recover data from my crashed hard drive? Is there any way to recollect data from it??

Edited by hamluis, 25 January 2016 - 11:26 AM.
Moved from Internal Hardware to Backup/Imaging - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:24 AM

Oof.. that's not good.
I would take that hdd to your local data recovery center. If the data is recoverable at all, be prepared to fork over some cash.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,374 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:24 AM

Need clarification question: do you mean that the lap fell on the floor from the table and now does not work, but the HDD seems to be undamaged?

OR.....do you mean that that lap is damaged and the HDD is physically damaged as well and non-functional?

Edited by ranchhand_, 14 January 2016 - 08:58 AM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me but no guarantee I will respond.

#4 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:23 PM

If you take in for professional recovery, that's going to be expensive.  Before doing that I'd buy a $20 enclosure, put the hard drive in it, plug it into the USB port on a working PC and see if you can access the data.  I take it you don't have a backup for that data?  If not, I hope you've learned why you should.

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#5 Tabeer

Tabeer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:39 AM

Need clarification question: do you mean that the lap fell on the floor from the table and now does not work, but the HDD seems to be undamaged?

OR.....do you mean that that lap is damaged and the HDD is physically damaged as well and non-functional?

Laptop fell from table on the floor. Everything is fine except Hard drive. I've replaced hard drive and now want recover data from crashed hard drive.

#6 Tabeer

Tabeer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:45 AM

Oof.. that's not good.
I would take that hdd to your local data recovery center. If the data is recoverable at all, be prepared to fork over some cash.

I've installed new hard drive. hard drive installer guy said me, your hard drive is not detected but when attached it to laptop it show something like it is attached.

#7 Tabeer

Tabeer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:48 AM

If you take in for professional recovery, that's going to be expensive.  Before doing that I'd buy a $20 enclosure, put the hard drive in it, plug it into the USB port on a working PC and see if you can access the data.  I take it you don't have a backup for that data?  If not, I hope you've learned why you should.

Good luck.

I learned a lot from this.

#8 Bailifei

Bailifei

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 02:56 AM

Oof.. that's not good.

I've installed new hard drive. hard drive installer guy said me, your hard drive is not detected but when attached it to laptop it show something like it is attached.

As long as the hard drive can be connected to computer, the data might be able to be recovered by some recovery software like Recuva or Easeus data recovery. But if it is physically damaged, things would be much more complicated as indicated above. You can upload the screenshot of the computer when the hard drive is connected.

Edited by Bailifei, 15 January 2016 - 02:58 AM.

#9 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,374 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:37 AM

Take your damaged HDD (hard disk drive) and connect it to a good computer; this is easily done with a desktop computer, if using a laptop you will need an external case to mount the hard drive in.  If the computer finds it and assigns a drive letter in Explore, you can get your data off of it that way. If the computer cannot find the drive it is mechanically damaged. It will cost a huge amount of money to have a professional company get the data off it, so that is where your decision will be.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me but no guarantee I will respond.

#10 Tabeer

Tabeer
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:33 AM

Hard drive connected perfectly after cleaning it with manage drives. with 2 to 3 recovery softwares, softwares reject to recover data. I think i should make my mind that data will not recover.

#11 vershamittal

vershamittal

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 22 January 2016 - 07:04 AM

I have also faced this problem. But no need to worry about the data. Data can be recovered. Take your hdd to a data recovery agency and get your complete data.

#12 NightOnTheWeb

NightOnTheWeb

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:35 PM

Hard drive connected perfectly after cleaning it with manage drives. with 2 to 3 recovery softwares, softwares reject to recover data. I think i should make my mind that data will not recover.

Try this:

1) connect the bad hard drive to a PC via USb enclosure.

2) download the liveCD of parted magic (you can boot this live distro from a CD or from a USB key)

3) try to create an image of the bad disk with ddrescue ( http://html5.litten.com/windows-file-recovery-series-part-4-recover-files-from-a-bad-hard-drive/ )

4) you can then try to analyse the .dd image with various software.

I am still new around here, but if you can ddrescue to create an image of your hard disk, there might be a chance you can recover something.

#13 Smsec

Smsec

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:01 PM

Spinrite from Steve Gibson over at grc.com may be able to repair or recover dataf from your drive. He's got a video that explains what it does at: https://www.grc.com/sr/whatitdoes.htm

It's $89.00 but way cheaper than a data recovery company will charge. Their tech support is very good and responsive. 

#14 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:06 PM

I worked for a short time for a company that specialized in recovering data from physically damaged hard drives.

They disasembled the drives down to the platters.reinstalled the platters into their special machines and if not to damaged they could recover most of your data.  Very expensive tho, like in the $1000's of dollars.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#15 Maddy10

Maddy10

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:32 PM

A few days ago my laptop fell from table and due to this hard drive crashed. Now How can I recover data from my crashed hard drive? Is there any way to recollect data from it??

Hi, remove your hard disk and use as an external drive to another working system. Utilize reliable recovery software on Windows system and restore all type of files. http://remorecover.com/Windows/ for clear information go through that link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users