Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Find Function Activating

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aussiepom

aussiepom

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:25 PM

Help...Have just installed 10 and now the find function (ctrl-f) keeps activating on the computer, VERY annoying and disruptive, not sure if it is to do with the OS or a virus, but thought I would start here...Any help appreciated!

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,947 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:30 PM

G'day aussiepom, and Welcome to BC !

How long have you had win 10....is it too late to do a reset ?....keeps your files but you do have to reinstall all your added programs/apps.....

check on update.....has it downloaded and installed an update either today or yesterday ?....this fixed a few niggly issues on mine...

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,947 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:31 PM

is this a laptop or a desktop ?....any chance of crap between the keys etc ??...give the keyboard a good shake if a desktop.....

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#4 aussiepom

aussiepom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:15 PM

Desktop, only just installed windows 10 so could do a reset, but got soooo sick of the constant "update required" messages that against my better judgement I allowed it.

Have tried cleaning out the keyboard, found nothing but have discovered that the function activates when I use the left shift key...so at least I have a workaround, but as for the cause who knows?

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,947 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:59 PM

Do you have another keyboard to substitute for that one...?...if so, give it a go..

If another keyboard does the same thing.....click on search>>>>type in troubelshooting>>>>select configure a device under hardware and sound>>>>>follow the prompts.

if another keyboard does not do the same thing....the prob is obviously in the keyboard....(although I doubt it)

#6 aussiepom

aussiepom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:08 PM

Will give it a try later on when I get home, thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users