Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

email from Google "someone has your password"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 reggiereg

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:37 PM

Hi all,

I received an email today from google telling me that "someone has your password" for one of my email accounts. I was a bit worried, so I logged into my account and changed the password on a computer that I don't normally use.

After further digging in the "recently used devices" settings I realised that the "unknown device" had the same external IP address as my home network.

After panicking, a bit, I remembered that I had a Raspberry PI Security camera on my network that i've set up to use that email account. This would make sense, but this has been running for ages, and google has never blocked it before.

I've since amended the script on the PI with the recently changed password, but the email part of the script doesn't appear to be working.

I set up 2 step verification a few months ago too.

1) Can I somehow add this device to a "known device" for google security purposes?

2) Can a script on a raspberry pi login to a gmail account setup with two step verification? 

3) Could this device trigger a security email from google?

4) Should I run security scans on my network, just incase my home network has been compromised? If so what scans?

5) I've just run an "Avast Home Network Security" scan who says

problem: DNS records on your router are hijacked

Risk:you can be redirected to fake sites and have your personal data stolen , Catalogue ID HNS-201410-04

Soloution: Chainge the DNS records on your Router to

is this an attack or a vulnerability?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place,

Kind Regards,

Edited by reggiereg, 13 January 2016 - 05:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users