Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PLZ HELP HELP TYVM

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 sunshine461

sunshine461

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:24 PM

my prob stared 4 or 5 days ago--  1 USER PROFILE WONT LOAD so I went into safe mode with networking it worked fairly well for a while THEN I went into registry to fix it as per advise I found in this forum --well I only wound up deleting prog I think it was "pc doctor"I hated it and it could not be deleted using conventional methods stupid mistake number 1- deleted 2 entries I found for it then I restarted comp, tried things again and of course it still didn't work. so I restarted in safe mode and now I have no internet--so I look at device  manager and notice nothing is checked except 2.TEREDO TUNNELING ADAPTER -panicked and looked up searches for it. found registry fix for this and set the value to 0. started again 3.DEVISE MANAGER NO LONGER HAD A ENTRY FOR TEREDO TUNNELING ADAPTER-IT IS GONE FROM THE MANAGER AND REGISTRY-hmm now what?? checked again still cant log profile or get online--so then I decideD to create some user accts-I now have 4 accts 2 adms and 2 user accts--so I go into reg and try to fix that---I follow microsoft's instructions and start to do it--4.WENT IN AND FOUND TWO ENTRIES ONE WITH AND WITHOUT THE BAK EXTENTION tried to do what it said and tried to edit the one without bak RESTARTED COMPUTER STILL HAD THe PROB. LATER I NOTICED I HAD AUDIO PROBS CANT TURN ON AUDIO --questions can I get on internet w/o the adapter--and how can I get it back  or get back online? Also I need to know what to do next about profle probs--I know just enough about computers to get me in serious trouble--as indicated by this rePort PLEASE ANY AND ALL HELP APPRECIATED!  SYSTEM RESTORE IS BROKE ALSO

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sunshine461

sunshine461
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:05 PM

please if you can only help with one of my problems- it will be greatly appreciated any and all will help ty

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,860 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:38 PM

Do you have a backup....external hard drive etc...??

Do you have a windows 7 CD  ?

This type of problem is not my forte, so I am hoping others will chime in here....

Edited by Condobloke, 13 January 2016 - 07:53 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#4 sunshine461

sunshine461
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:05 PM

thank you soo much for your reply--no backup and system restore is also broke :(--no windows cd

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,860 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:16 PM

Do you have files, pics or documents etc on the C drive that you need to keep ??

Does the Hard drive have a recovery partition...??

If so it will look like this....

acso6.jpg

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,555 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 AM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:48 PM

First of all - what is the make and model of this computer, and do you know what version of the OS you are using ?  Secondly, have you got, or can you get, access to another one ?

If you can gain access to another computer running the same version of Windows you can make a repair disc, see this tutorial on BC -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/create-a-windows-system-repair-disc/

This disc is 'self-booting'. In other words, turn your computer on, put the disc in the tray and re-boot. The computer should then boot from the disc. If it doesn't, you will need to go into the BIOS and change the boot priority order to put the CD/DVD drive first, then re-boot. Using this disc may solve your problems, if it doesn't, post back and we can then discuss ways of saving your data - since you have no back up - before doing anything else.

Chris Cosgrove

#7 sunshine461

sunshine461
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:16 PM

ty chris--dell-inspiron model n5050 windows 7  premium 64 bit I am on my sons windows 7 now--how do u make the disc? I have a blank Fuji film cdr 700 mg -80 min--will this work? I have a bunch of pics of the kids--I would hate to lose them---but...ty again!

ty chris--dell-inspiron model n5050 windows 7  premium 64 bit I am on my sons windows 7 now--how do u make the disc? I have a blank Fuji film cdr 700 mg -80 min--will this work? I have a bunch of pics of the kids--I would hate to lose them---but...ty again!

#8 sunshine461

sunshine461
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:22 PM

outback aussie--ty for trying to help me--from the computer page above--how do you check and see if I have a recovery partition?

#9 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,860 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:51 PM

For the moment you would be much better off following Chris Cosgrove's instructions....however I do note that it is 1.41AM in his part of the world....so he may be catching a bit of shuteye !

If you click on 'My Computer' ...it will open and show your main drive...probably C.......it may also show a D drive....which may be the recovery

If you can still access your pc, and if yiou have a usb drive (thumb drive, pen drive...) they have different names in different parts of the world...but essentially you plug it into a usb port and it has the capacity to store music or pics etc etc.....

To save your pics, you would insert the thumb drive.......then go to wherever the pics are stored and right click on them, and choose to send them to the usb drive......it will probably be called drive F, or something similar.

#10 sunshine461

sunshine461
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:07 PM

thanks for trying to help me everyone---whew still having probs I have had a stroke and it makes everything I try to do very difficult-such as focusing on what im doing and memory--well nuff of that! I made a disc yesterday and wonder if its the same one chris told me about. all I can tell it has done is let me get into my computer--I can now boot up without safe mode. the name of it is REPAIR DISCWINDOWS 7 64 BIT--its size is185 mb. the files in it are-boot-- sources-- and bootmgr. Is this the same disc chris told me to download?  How do I get either one of them to do the necessary repairs? at this point would I do better to just install the new windows 10--or maybe restore to factory defaults? EVERYBODY FEEL FREE TO JUMP ON THIS THREAD WITH ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS--and heartfelt thanks to all of you--I am very determined to git her done-lol :bananas:

#11 sunshine461

sunshine461
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:12 PM

but I still cannot connect to the internet--

#12 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,555 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:08 PM

The disc you describe sounds like the repair disc, and if you put it in the drive and re-start the computer the computer should boot from the disc, and after a rolling screen full of text it should ask you if you want to automatically repair Windows. The answer to this question is 'Yes'. However it may not work. Your computer sounds fairly badly affected.

If this is the case, then the best way to fix this computer is to do a factory restore using the recovery partition. However THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA and your data needs to be recovered first.

You say above that you can get it to run in 'Safe  mode'. If this is the case you can recover your data to external storage using 'Windows Explorer' (not Internet Explorer) to drag and drop your data to external storage or even burn it to DVDs if you don't have very much. Blank DVDs hold about 4.7 GB of data, USB memory sticks are pretty cheap upto about 32 GB capacity (and get more expensive beyond that), and external hard drives are available in capacities from 250Gb upwards and are not that expensive. Here, the first place I looked - not necessarily the cheapest - has 1TB drives starting at just under £UK 40.

If you or your son don't know how to move data from one place to another, post back. If you have the installers for any software you downloaded off the web, save them as well as your daata.

Once you have saved your data then you can do a factory recovery using the recovery partition. Your Dell manual will tell you how to do it and if you don't have a copy you can always download one from the Dell website. You should find a bar code on your computer. If you copy this number down and enter it in the search box on the Dell 'Support' page you should be taken to the exact page for support for your computer.

Doing a recovery this way is fairly easy and straightforward. The only drawback is that your computer will be restored to the condition it was in when it left the factory. With all the bloatware originally installed and leaving you needing to do a ton of Windows updates as well as re-installing all your applications and putting your data back where it belongs.

If you have any more problems or want further explanation, post back.

Chris Cosgrove

#13 sunshine461

sunshine461
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

thanks a million everyone who tried to help me -I think I may do a factory default settings --If I can find the info to do it--

#14 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,555 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:41 PM

This is the link to Dell for the manual for your computer -

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15-intel-n5050/manuals

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users