Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2000 Disc

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Grimmskld

Grimmskld

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:07 PM

Hey All,

Long story short, I have a client who has 1 system using Windows 2000 because of specific software that has various information he still needs access to occasionally.  The drive is on the verge of failing, luckily I was able to use Norton Ghost to get onto a new drive IDE drive.  But when I go to load it, I am getting a blue screen error.  My only other option to fix this is by using the tools on the Windows 2000 disc, which I do not have.  Is there anyone out there that might have a copy or can point me to the direction of a legal download?  If so, that would be great!!!

- Grimm

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LH47

LH47

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:02 AM

I just dug out a couple of (very old) Win 2K Pro install disks...I put one in my drive, and the setup.exe runs OK.  It's 367 MB. Or, would a W 2K repair disk do any good?

http://www.allbootdisks.com/download/2000.html

I live in Maine...I could mail it, and you could slave the drive to another system to get all the files, then reinstall W 2k from the install disk...or do a "repair" install.... or run an SFC  from a command prompt

Edited by LH47, 14 January 2016 - 11:04 AM.

#3 LH47

LH47

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:02 PM

Hmmm....I'm trying to upload it to Google Drive now. But as it turns out, this disk only has SP 2. (I thought there only were 2...) You can DL a standalone SP 3 Here...

...and slipstream it into a new install?

Or else just buy a 2K Pro SP 3 disk! :huh:

Edited by LH47, 14 January 2016 - 12:30 PM.

#4 Grimmskld

Grimmskld
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for the responses fellas, unfortunately I need the original disc in it's entirety and not just the Service Pack.  

#5 LH47

LH47

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:15 PM

I just uploaded the entire Win 2000 Pro Sp 2 disk to Google docs. It has an "Auto Run" and  a setup.exe - so do you need an .iso?

But now I'm at the point where it's asking me for a name or email add to share it with....

I made it public...and all it shows are the individual files. But here is a link:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_hwuCE70XEwelpLMDJoWXA4eXM&usp=sharing_eid&ts=5697f342#list

EDIT:  Oooops...the only other place I saw this was Pirate Bay.  Is doing this illegal? I mean, you still need the product key.... :unsure:

Edited by LH47, 14 January 2016 - 02:20 PM.

#6 greywarrior

greywarrior

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:06 AM

Windows 2000 pro is abandoned by MS. Here is where you can get a copy of it https://winworldpc.com/  , Download what version of 2000 you need. The Key is listed also. Good stuff there as well.

#7 GibFTW

GibFTW

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:22 AM

Windows 2000 pro is abandoned by MS. Here is where you can get a copy of it https://winworldpc.com/  , Download what version of 2000 you need. The Key is listed also. Good stuff there as well.

That was going to be my response. WinWorldPC is a great site!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users