Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vsstrace.dll issues and PC Web Tune-UP Removal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jbasham2899

jbasham2899

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:59 PM

I need help fixing my vsstrace.dll file that seems to either be missing or corrupted.  I some viruses removed a few weeks ago and this file still isn't working.  The computer also will not let me uninstall PC Web Tune-Up.  I have tried to remove all of AVG Free from the computer but I am sure that I have missed some trace files out there somewhere on this computer and would like to clean it up before having to return it to the owner.  

The VssTrace.dll file seems to effect the disk clean-up process and certain processes in the system administration section in the control panel.  This was discovered after I removed a win32/herz virus and when doing so in safe mode it deleted that file and has prevented this section of the computer from operating properly. I have since had it looked and had over 500 viruses and malware deleted as well as deleting many programs including all of the AVG Free except that I cannot get rid of the AVG PC Web Tune UP portion.  

I need help ASAP!!!!!

Please help.

Edited by hamluis, 14 January 2016 - 06:52 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jbasham2899

jbasham2899
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:42 PM

I think I might have posted this in the wrong forum; how do you move a post?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 06:53 AM

Moved to Am I Infected.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users