Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo IdeaCentre B540 All-in-One Monitor Dead; Hook Up 2nd Monitor?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 techgnosis

techgnosis

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:27 PM

I have Lenovo B540 All-In-One (Windows 8) whose monitor went bad.  GeekSquad says it's probably broken and needs to be replaced.  I'm trying to see if I can still use my B540 or at least use it with a second monitor.  There is a HDMI Out connect slot in the back. So I connected the "DVI-D to HDMI" cable (Dynex brand) for $40 from made the connection to my DVI monitor.

Well, Lenovo turns on but is not recognizing the second monitor. Should it automatically recognize the second monitor or are there steps involved like pressing down on certain function keys (like you would in laptops)? 

Does anyone know what the proper steps are when the original monitor is not working? I know for sure the computer itself is working; it's making all the right Windows start-up noise. No, the computer is not passworded so it should go in straight.

Would it be easier to connect to the TV via HDMI? Would I then need HDMI cables (I don't have pc-compatible TV).

Is there anyway I can salvage my B540?  Lenovo no longer makes this model.  I spent ~$799 on it.  If not, I'm wondering if it's worth buying a similar model so I can at least put to use the hard drive (1 tb sata 7200 rpm) and RAM chips (4 gb ddr3 sdram 1,600mhz).  Any particular Lenovo or other computer models would have compatible configurations for to put in expansion?

Or are these existing resources just not worth much?  I have 3 bad computer now and am debating whether to buy a model where I could poach the existing resources to expand the new computer's capacity.

Thanks everyone for any suggestions you might have to offer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users