Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

uBlock Origin got removed automatically and Malwarebytes stopped

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Surreal90

Surreal90

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

Hi everyone,

So i've had installed windows 10 a few days ago, Everything was running smoothly, Until today... Something kinda weird happened.. PC was turned off, (no one use it but me), When i turned it on, Opened browser (Firefox 43.0.4) found that i'm getting some ads!, I had installed uBlock Origin since day one, So i went to check the addons and found out that it was uninstalled!, I also had malwarebytes installed and checked it to be launched on windows startup, Found that it didn't start, I did a system scan using Avira Pro 2015 and got no infections, What should i do now? What could that be?, Would really appreciate your help guys, cheers.

Info you might need:

OS ver: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Windows Defender: Disabled.

Windows Firewall: Enabled

O&O ShutUp10 1.3.1354: set it to maximum, only allowing windows updates.

Antivirus: Avira Pro 15.0.15.129

Malware: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware v2.2.0 Build 1024 Premium

Browser: Firefox

Symptoms: uBlock Origin was removed automatically from browser and Malwarebytes was stopped from running on windows startup.

Edited by Surreal90, 14 January 2016 - 12:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:44 PM

Hi

OS ver: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Is this a company computer?

Edited by dev00790, 13 January 2016 - 04:45 PM.

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

#3 Surreal90

Surreal90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 11:54 PM

Hi dev00790, Thanks for your reply, No it's not.

#4 Surreal90

Surreal90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:36 AM

Would appreciate it if someone would help :)

#5 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:40 AM

Have you reinstalled uBlock since? If so, have you restarted the computer and checked Firefox again?

#6 Surreal90

Surreal90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:03 PM

Hi Phantom010, Thanks for your reply, Yes i've reinstalled uBlock again, also reinstalled Malwarebytes Anti-Malware too. Everything working as it should be, But i'm a bit worried.. What do i need to check or do to make sure that i'm not infected or anything?

#7 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:07 PM

The symptoms you were describing don't necessarily mean your computer is infected. However, if you're really not sure if your computer is clean, I'm sure someone here will be glad to have you run a few anti-malware tools.

#8 Surreal90

Surreal90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:23 PM

Well, I visit a number of limited sites (mostly the same for years), Know where i'm getting my data, always using reason and common sense running along with an anti-virus :rolleyes: , I used to run Kaspersky though but i moved to Avira and malwarebytes a month ago. Gonna wait to see what other experts might suggest..

#9 Surreal90

Surreal90
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2016 - 11:48 AM

Update: I figured our how uBlock was removed, Avira got it deleted for some reason..

#10 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:56 AM

Hi Surreal90. Do you have any other questions? you still need help?

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users