Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 - Can't open photo in Limited user account.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#31 Oh My!

Oh My!

Adware and Spyware and Malware.....

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 36,782 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:35 AM

Hi Fred, great to hear the new Profile is working.

If the Firefox bookmarks are no longer present under the tempo Profile then you can follow the Profile Manager Instructions to resolve that issue.

We can look at the update issue but you may end up having to contact HP directly. I think the first step is to uninstall and reinstall the HP Update program itself since this is a known issue. Please follow the steps here and let me know how you do.
Gary

If I do not reply within 24 hours please send me a Personal Message.

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#32 frerom

frerom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:16 PM

Hi Gary,

Had a busy day. Chatted with HP but they ended up saying that I have the latest HSPA and it is showing no update or action logs.

Re bookmarks, we don't use firefox. Julie uses Google. So I'll just go via the export and import via HTML files.

We are about free of issues.

Regards

Fred

#33 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 36,782 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:29 PM

Did you have Chrome sync enabled?

Gary

"Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life. We believe, and we know you are the Holy One of God."

#34 frerom

frerom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:25 PM

Don't think so, Gary. We only use the 2 computers and don't have much to sync. In Julie's case she was posting a lot of emails and recipes to the favorites bar. So I just have to move those.

#35 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 36,782 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:28 PM

===================================================

Checking Chrome Sync Status

--------------------

• Launch Chrome web browser
  • Type chrome://settings in the address bar and hit Enter
  • Under Sign in click Advanced sync settings...
  • Is Sync everything selected on the drop down list and are all 9 items underneath checked? If not, please describe

Gary

#36 frerom

frerom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:41 PM

Hi Gary,

I believe I just set everything up. Checked in Tempo. Good there too. Didn't have a chance to check with her, but I believe she'll be happy.

Can't open pictures in Julie but we will delete the account. 

Have a great evening

Fred

#37 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 36,782 posts
  •  

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:22 PM

Hi Fred,

That sounds great. Just be certain you have everything under the the new profile if you intend on deleting the Julie profile including all files.

Now that your computer is running well it is my great pleasure to proclaim to you the Good News!

===================================================

All Clean!

--------------

Your machine appears to be clean and you may delete any programs or logs on your computer as a result of our efforts. If we used Emsisoft Emergency Kit just delete the icon on your desktop and the C:\EEK folder. For everything else you simply delete the log files or desktop icons.

Please take the time to read below on how to secure the machine and take the necessary steps to keep it clean :thumbsup:

Lawrence Abrams, the founder of BleepingComputer.com, has developed an excellent tutorial which will provide you with the information you need to know to keep your computer secure and clean. Please take the time to read:In addition, here are some more links you might find of interest:I will leave this topic open for just a brief period of time in case you have any further issues then it will be closed shortly thereafter.

Thank you for placing your trust in BleepingComputer. It was a pleasure serving you. OhMy_done.gif
Gary

#38 Oh My!

Oh My!

• 36,782 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:11 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users