Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Republicans Doing The Bidding of The Giant ISPs...Want To Give Them Free Rein

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:25 AM

ISPs will be able to charge anything they want if Republican bill passes Ban on "rate regulation" could even help ISPs avoid complaints about data caps.

QUOTE FROM ISPs will be able to charge anything they want if Republican bill passes | Ars Technica

Republicans in Congress are advancing a bill that could strip the Federal Communications Commission of authority to protect consumers from unreasonable broadband prices. Democrats and consumer advocates warn that the bill could help Internet service providers overcharge customers and impose unfair data caps.

When the FCC reclassified broadband as a common carrier service in order to impose net neutrality rules, the commission declined to impose traditional rate regulation in which telecommunications providers would have to seek permission before raising prices. But the reclassification allows customers to complain about prices, with the FCC judging on a case-by-case basis whether a price or pricing practice is "unjust" or "unreasonable."

READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE IN THE LINK ABOVE

Those wanting to pay more for internet access should vote for a Republican....any and all Republicans. They are the ones who do not represent you and only 

represent the corporations and billionaires...the ones who supply them the cash to fool you into thinking otherwise.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:31 PM

I wish I could blame it all on one party but sadly every party has their paid for politicans for somebody or other.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#3 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:13 PM

When i speak to my American mates on steam they always laugh and cannot understand that nearly every ISP in Australia has a data limit of say 100 gig. I am paying $60 for 60 gig, its exspenive but i dont have off peak download times but this also includes any uploads i do as well as part of that 60 gig!

You then get charged like 10 cents for every gig over.

internet in Oz is so dam expensive and slow as a snail pace as well.

Most connections AVG around 5 to 8 mega bits per second and thats if you are lucky, i struggle to watch any youtube in HD LOL.

#4 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:49 PM

Even the federal agencies that are supposed to regulate ISP and internet complain that there is barley any regulation possibl because everybody does not want to mess with the cash cow.  Special interest groups abound.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users