Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File/Folder Corrupted, crashes computer when I try to open it.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 project2589

project2589

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 12:54 AM

Hi guys,

I have a .3gp file that I want to open but it's either corrupt, or the folder/hard drive space where it's on is corrupt. The entire folder loads slowly, and it will not open. If I try to open it, it will slow down and possibly crash my computer.

I would like to fix it if possible. I tried to fix it on an online site but it didn't seem to work.

The interesting thing is the file was exhibiting this behavior on one computer, and I transferred it to this one, to two places, and they each have issues. Opening it in safe mode crashed as well. This file is very important to me, please help! Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,081 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:07 AM

What files are in the directory?

Run this command via Admin CMD prompt -

dir FOLDERNAME /a /o:n >0 & start notepad 0

Replace "FOLDERNAME" with the full directory name, e.g., "c:\users\username\desktop\FOLDERNAME"

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users