Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

infected by virus just reboot and your pc is clean!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bleebingjunior

bleebingjunior

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

Toolwiz Time Freeze is an effective Instant System Restore software to keep your computer system safe and protect your computer from undesired changes. It can also protect your files and folders from changes with a secure password protection. It makes virtualization very easy to use. Basically, it clones your system, creating fully working copies that you can use normally (or abnormally) without risking your "real" system. It puts the actual system under secure protection and creates a virtual environment for system partition, on which you then run applications and surf the internet. It provides higher-level security to computer protection, and greatly improves the efficiency of virtual systems.

Toolwiz Time Freeze has a simple interface for starting and stopping its main features as well as adding files to the File Protection feature (Time Freeze warns not to include Windows system files). There's a small, optional "ToolBar" that merely displays the program's status on the desktop, but it's helpful if you switch between modes a lot. Most of the time, the program's system tray icon handles all the actions.

LICENSEFree
CREATOR

http://www.toolwiz.com/products/toolwiz-time-freeze/ 

• Operating System:WinXP/Win2003/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10

Reboot Restore Rx

Reboot Restore Rx™ prevents any and all changes made on your drive(s) making those PC’s bulletproof and unbreakable. It is designed for small public access computing environments such as classrooms, libraries, kiosks, and internet cafes. Even when users download files, viruses, malware, or even try to delete registry keys, Reboot Restore will restore the PC’s back to your desired state set from a schedule that you have control of.

http://www.horizondatasys.com/en/products_and_solutions.aspx?ProductId=18#Features

Edited by bleebingjunior, 12 January 2016 - 08:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101° N, 0.2906° W

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:14 PM

Have a read,,,,before you sing its praises too loudly...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580816/system-restorealternative/?hl=+horizon%20+datasys

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

In regards to Horizon DataSys Support & software isssues...read this discussion topic: System Restore..Alternative !.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 ulqschiffer09

ulqschiffer09

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 01:27 AM

You forgot one: Shadow Defender! :bounce:

PS: These solutions does not really prevent cryptoware from locking your files.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,743 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:28 AM

Shadow Explorer can be used to restore files after crypto malware infection.

#6 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 PM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:42 AM

To be honest I do not like using these programs in place of AV and AM protection, not when they cannot revert file changes caused by crypto ransomware (being now one of the most common types of malware out there).

The question about whether these rollback programs can remove cryptoware changes have been sitting in my mind for a while, until recently I could confirm that they do not work.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,743 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

Due to the issues with Horizon DataSys, I removed their products from my list of tools to help defend against crypto malware infection.

#8 TheITGUI

TheITGUI

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:29 AM

I've used Rollback Rx Pro for years and I'll be the first to admit the company were morons and rushed out a product for Windows 8 and it was a disaster. Slowly but surely I've seen the program get getter over time through incremental updates. I do like their support system because unlike a lot of other companies that offer trialware and freeware I can get help on their chat, forums, phone, or ticket system. I know Bleepin' Janitor had an issue with their support but I can't say the same.

Compare this to Toolwiz, in the couple times that I used it I thought it worked great but when I had an issue I had to resort to 3rd party forums for support there was nothing on their site. I don't know if this has changed but at the time that's how it was.

I've tried Reboot Restore Rx a few times, I like it and it works well. I'd recommend understanding the caveats of it and even chat with one of their reps about it even just so you know better of how it works. That's my HUGE caveat with HDS products is that you need to understand the restrictions of the software because their marketing team would have you believe it's a all-in-one wonder program.

/rant haha

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,743 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:09 PM

...I know Bleepin' Janitor had an issue with their support but I can't say the same....

It was actually another member....Condobloke

#10 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:28 PM

I posted this reply on 21st July 2015

FEEDBACK.

I am seriously ticked off.

I tested the ability of rollback to perform its stated task....and it did so without any qualms.

I then remembered I was going to do a defrag on this pc.....It has never been done.

I soon discovered that defrag is not an option while rollback rx is installed...despite the opening paragraphs HERE    

I attempted to defrag using 5 different toos, including windows own......and none of these would work.

I then attempted to uninstall Rollback rx.....and OMG !!!!.....their instructions  HERE   would lead you to believe it is a simple process.

It is not.

I elected to keep the current state of my pc and uninstall the rest.

The "uninstall" ran for close to 30 minutes   !!!.....i was unsure whether to stop this process for fear of causing damage...

My pc rebooted at the finish of this process and i was left with :

Disc Read Error  Press Ctrl, Alt, Delete to restart

and this continued in an endless loop.

The pc exhibited the signs of data corruption.

Despite the fact that it is a few years old....THIS  article has similarities....

Which tells me that Rollback Rx still has some homework to do.

Any representatives of Horizon DataSys reading this ???/

Condobloke

Outback Australian

and the response from horizon datasys was....(apart from a personal note to me from the it manager there...)

SILENCE.

So, if they don't have the mindset to have BC members ask questions of them.....

Edited by Condobloke, 13 January 2016 - 06:30 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#11 TheITGUI

TheITGUI

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

I posted this reply on 21st July 2015

FEEDBACK.

I am seriously ticked off.

I tested the ability of rollback to perform its stated task....and it did so without any qualms.

I then remembered I was going to do a defrag on this pc.....It has never been done.

I soon discovered that defrag is not an option while rollback rx is installed...despite the opening paragraphs HERE    

I attempted to defrag using 5 different toos, including windows own......and none of these would work.

I then attempted to uninstall Rollback rx.....and OMG !!!!.....their instructions  HERE   would lead you to believe it is a simple process.

It is not.

I elected to keep the current state of my pc and uninstall the rest.

The "uninstall" ran for close to 30 minutes   !!!.....i was unsure whether to stop this process for fear of causing damage...

My pc rebooted at the finish of this process and i was left with :

Disc Read Error  Press Ctrl, Alt, Delete to restart

and this continued in an endless loop.

The pc exhibited the signs of data corruption.

Despite the fact that it is a few years old....THIS  article has similarities....

Which tells me that Rollback Rx still has some homework to do.

Any representatives of Horizon DataSys reading this ???/

Condobloke

Outback Australian

and the response from horizon datasys was....(apart from a personal note to me from the it manager there...)

SILENCE.

So, if they don't have the mindset to have BC members ask questions of them.....

Damn! I've never had anything like this happen. Have you ever followed up with their support to see if they fixed the underline issue? I'm really curious now!

#12 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:50 PM

After repeated, exhaustive attempts to entice a representative from the company to join us here on BC in order to discuss problems with the product.....their answer was that they do not lend support outside of their own online forum etc etc...

Which I felt was just ducking under the radar and hoping the whole thing would go away.....

I also sent numerous emails to their support area attempting to cajole them into making some sort of meaningful fix available for the damage done to my pc.....all to no avail.

So...to answer your question....whether they have made any attempt to fix the underlying issue or not....I have no idea.....nor do I wish to know......because I will never ever use a product from Horizon DataSys again

GcnI1aH.jpg

#13 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,743 posts
  •  

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:15 PM

When choosing any software, availability of quality/prompt technical support from the vendor is always a consideration. Lack of adequate Customer Support in addressing issues related to the use of a vendor's product is one reason folks look for other alternatives. If it is a paid product, folks talk with their wallets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users