Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer crashes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ssggamer

ssggamer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:52 PM

I just got a new gaming pc over a month ago and it seems to have a bunch of problems. Ever since the day I got it, I randomly receive the blue screen memory management error. I could be playing games or just on the web and this might happen causing my pc to restart.

All my game also crash to desktop way too much. Programs like steam also crash. I have tried reinstalling steam and my games but It does not work. The crashing is very random. It could happen every 5 min to a couple hours.

The past problems have been happening since day one and I encountered some new problems recently. Me and my dad opened the case while my pc was on to check that all the fans were spinning. I let him put the case cover back on and he kind of pushed it causing the front of my pc to get quickly pushed. I'm wondering if this damaged my hdd as now I notice that my hdd is kind of loud. It doesn't make clicking sounds but I can hear that its on. I used to just hear my loud fans, but now I can hear my hdd in the background. A problem that came up right after this is that sometimes when I am playing a game, the game freezes and makes a buzzing noise from speakrs causing me to have to restart my pc as I can't open task manager.

I have tried updating my video card drivers, reinstalling games, updating bios, using windows memory diafgnostic, updating windows, reconnecting hdd, but nothing works. I also know that I don't have a heat issue as my temps are good with my gpu being at around 60c and cpu between 40-50c during games. Please help me as I don't know too much about computers and I really want to play my games without worrying about freezing and crashing. Here are my specks.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k 4.00 ghz 8mn intel smart cache lga1151 (skylake)

HDD: 2tb Sata-III 6.0gb/s 64mb cache 7200rpm

memory: 16gb (8gbx2) DDR4/2400MHz dual channel memory (corsair vengeance)

motherboard: ASUS z170 pro gaming

PSU: 600 Watts corsair cx600m cx series modular 80 plus bronze

GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G GeForce gtx 970  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:54 PM

Open cmd prompt and type the command: wmic bios get biosversion Post the results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users