Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port Fowarding Help!!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Fishsticks123

Fishsticks123

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:20 PM

I want to port foward black ops 3 on ps4 but it says i need to enter in the 'internal host' what is the internal host and what do i put in there? and i have to do multiply ports so i do what the same internal host for all of them? cheers :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:33 PM

Universal Plug 'n Play will do this automatically for most console games.

If you want to manually forward a port for a game here is what you need to do:

Login to your Router

Go to your Port Forwarding Page

Forward the following ports:

TCP traffic to your Router on ports 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480 should be forwarded to the internal host (IP address of your PS4).

UDP traffic to your Router on ports 3478-3479 should be forwarded to the internal host (IP address of your PS4).

If you manually do port forwarding for video games, you are going to want to give your console a static IP address because if the IP address changes your port forwarding will stop working.

You can get port forwarding information at http://portforward.com. Port forwarding information for Call of Duty Black Ops III on Playstation 4 is available at http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Call_of_Duty_-_Black_Ops_III_-_PlayStation_4/.

Edit: Do NOT click the "Get It Now" button on the portforward.com website. I don't know if that program is safe or not but you do not need to download anything to make changes to your router's settings.

Cheers,

packetanalyzer

Edited by packetanalyzer, 12 January 2016 - 07:36 PM.

#3 Fishsticks123

Fishsticks123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:47 PM

Should i use http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/ to get a static ip? and i'm not sure how to find my DHCP server info on my router settings, can you help? i have a Huawei HG630b, found my DHCP server. for the DHCP server, what should the start ip and the end ip adress be?

Edited by Fishsticks123, 12 January 2016 - 07:58 PM.

#4 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:06 PM

Hi Fishsticks123,

To use a static IP address on your PS4, you just need to change your PS4 network settings to use an IP address outside of your DHCP server's scope. So if your HG630b is configured to issued DHCP addresses from 192.168.1.64-192.168.1.253 you can set your PS4 network settings to use 192.168.1.50 (just make sure that no other device on your network is using whatever address outside of the DHCP scope you pick).

The first step will be logging into your router. Here is what you will need to do:

1. Click on the Windows Start Menu
  2. Type cmd in the Search Area
  3. Right-click on the cmd icon that will appear
  4. Select Run as Administrator

In the command prompt, enter the following command:

ipconfig /all

Press Enter

What you are looking for is your default gateway IP address. It will be something like 192.168.1.254.

• In your web browser, type the default gateway IP address.
  • Press Enter
  • Enter your username
  • Enter your password
  • Press Login

To access your DHCP configuration that is on your router you will need to access your LAN settings. You can get there by doing the following:

Basic -> LAN -> DHCP Server

Edited by packetanalyzer, 12 January 2016 - 08:06 PM.

#5 Fishsticks123

Fishsticks123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:26 PM

Not sure what i did wrong,i did all the ports correctly, (what it said on port foward) i 'activated it' and then it said i couldn't connect to the internet and then it worked, and my nat is still moderate :/

Edited by Fishsticks123, 12 January 2016 - 08:36 PM.

#6 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:42 PM

What are you IP settings on your PS4?

What are you port forwarding settings on your router?

#7 Fishsticks123

Fishsticks123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:55 PM

my ip on the ps4 is 192.168.1.68, i put that as the internal host when port fowarding and i port fowarded 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480 and made them all TCP/UDP

#8 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

192.168.1.68 is in the default DHCP scope of your router. Did you make sure that this IP address in not in your DHCP range and that it is not being used by some other device?

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see this part of your reply

and then it worked

I understand it shows your NAT is moderate. I've seen that on consoles when they were in a DMZ too. Does Black Ops III work? If it does, I wouldn't stress out about it.

Consider this explanation of the different types of NAT when you are looking at the settings on the PS4:

• NAT Type 1 (Open) – You are either NOT behind a router/firewall OR you have already DMZ enabled. You shouldn’t run into any issues whilst gaming, but this may cause security issues.
  • NAT Type 2 (Moderate) –Your PS3/PS4 is connected properly and you shouldn’t run into any issues.
  • NAT Type 3 (Strict) – You may be able to connect to the PSN and perform downloads/updates other functions may not work as intended.

http://www.playstationing.com/ps4/how-to-change-your-nat-type-on-ps4-and-ps3/839

In summary "NAT Type 2" means your PS4 will work and you don't need to change anything. If you have "NAT Type 1" EVERY port on the console is accessible from the Internet. You won't have any problems from a port status standpoint, but you just removed all security your router had provided to your console.

Edited by packetanalyzer, 12 January 2016 - 09:26 PM.

#9 Fishsticks123

Fishsticks123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:33 PM

so should i delete the ports in my router that i tried to setup for ps4?

the 80, 1935 etc?

\

#10 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:13 PM

No need. You very likely have UPnP turned on so you don't need them but it won't hurt anything. Just make sure that if you leave those port forwarding entries in your router that your PS4 is using the static IP address (internal host) you specified in the port forwarding rules.

If you want to have your PS4 use a dynamic IP address from your router, then remove the port forwarding entries you added and change your PS4 network settings from a static IP to a dynamic IP.

#11 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:21 PM

Just turn on UPNP you may not need to forward anything as the PS4 is the one initializing the outside connection ports will open as needed. If you port forward then the PS4 needs to be static IP. If the PS4 is placed into DMZ then that will completely open it to outside. DMZ is not necessarily a bad thing. The DMZ device cannot see the internal network it just has to fend for itself. The PS4 isn't a PC, but I would be sure that any security features password etc is locked down tight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users