Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google.com gets redirected to google.co.il

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 seraphin

seraphin

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:03 PM

Not sure if my computer is infected and would like to solicit opinion/help here.

Out of nowhere today when I typed "google.com" on either Firebox or Chrome, my google page got redirected to google.co.il

When I did a random search under google.co.il, at the bottom of the search result, the geographic location clearly stated New York, NY, USA - from your search history. I thought my computer was hacked so I ran malwarebytes and Panda free antivirus. Nothing malicious turned up.

The only way I could "redirect" my google.com back to "google.com" is, per suggestion from others on the web, to type in google.com/ncr

Is my computer hacked or is it a problem from google ? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dev00790

dev00790

Bleeping Chocoholic

• Members
  • 5,037 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:54 PM

Hi

A who.is search on google.co.il says it belongs to google.

What country are you searching from?

Regards, dev00790

---------------------------------------

Marge: "Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday." Homer: "Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!"I do not reply to Private Messages (PMs) asking for assistance - please use the forums instead. If I have been helping you, and I have not replied to your latest post in 48 hours please send me a PM. My Blog

#3 seraphin

seraphin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:50 AM

starting a new thread, as I am now sure that my laptop IS infected.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

Hostname: google.co.il IP Address: 173.194.112.127 Host of this IP: fra07s30-in-f31.1e100.net Organization: Google ISP: Google Updated: 01/12/2016 07:37 AM City: Mountain View Country: United States us.gif State: California Postal Code: 94043 Timezone: America/Los_Angeles Local Time: 01/14/2016 01:52 PM

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users