Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8.1 retail

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ron100

ron100

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:09 PM

i am wanting to know where can i buy windows 8.1 full version i saw this site selling it but is it legit its called my choice software https://www.mychoicesoftware.com/products/microsoft-windows-8-1-professional-retail-box has anyone here had any experience with this site?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:37 PM

Is this an upgrade from from home to pro on a computer that originally had 8 or 8.1?

You can download the same version as what 8.1 version you had here. If you computer is OEM with 8 or 8.1 preinstalled you will automatically be activated. Just skip the windows that asks for the key. If you are upgrading from home to pro you will need to purchase a Pro key.

I have no experience with the company but you can buy an OEM disk if you plan on keeping the OS with the computer.

You can go the Ebay route but make sure the sell has a high rating and you can receive a refund from ebay if the sale is not legit.

#3 ron100

ron100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:19 PM

would there be problems buying windows 8.1 off ebay?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,819 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:02 PM

Just make sure the seller has at least a 99% rating and that Ebay will refund your money if the key is not legitimate. I believe it is Ebay Buyer Protection. Make sure you have that. You should contact the seller and ask if the disk is OEM or Retail. Retail will allow you to move the OS to a different computer. OEM stays with the computer.

#5 ron100

ron100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:40 PM

by problems i am referring to to legal wise is it okay to buy windows 8.1 off ebay?

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,819 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:03 AM

Yes, it is legal to sell Windows on Ebay. 

#7 LH47

LH47

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 AM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:31 AM

If you Google "Windows 8.1 full" you will find better prices that your original link. But if the PC shipped with any version of 8, then JohnC_21's link to the (easy) install is best.

Or, if it's a home made computer, then read this...

...but read this first...    :blush:  (confusing!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users