Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo Erazer x315 vs x510?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fragment23

fragment23

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 04:51 PM

Hey there folks!

So I've recently become interested in getting into online gaming again. My previous PC was rather feeble, so this time around I'd really like to get a machine made specifically with gaming in mind.

Now, I will admit flat out that I am completely hopeless when it comes to tech and electronics so it's been very difficult for me deciding on what to get. The Lenovo engines seem to be pretty highly recommended so I'm thinking about going with one of these. The problem is that I'm not sure if I should go with the x315 or the x510. The x315 is around $600-$800 depending on the version and the x510 is supposedly $1,050 on Lenovo's website according to a review I read, but the product is listed as "temporarily unavailable" and the only other place to get one is Amazon where it's listed as $1,500 which is quite a jump in price. So I'm not sure which price on that is correct - $1,050 or $1,500.

Basically, I'm wondering if the newer system is worth both the extra money AND the wait of however long it may take for it to come back in stock again if it is indeed cheaper on the website. Time is a bit of a factor as well as cost because I'd like to get started on a certain game as soon as possible in order to not get left behind.

Here is a comparison of the stats between two versions of the x315 and x510: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/compare/Lenovo_Erazer_X510_57330665_Tower_Workstation_vs_Lenovo_Erazer_X315_90AY000AUS_Tower_Workstation_vs_Lenovo_Erazer_X315_90B00000US_Tower_Workstation/BHitems/1083724-REG_1083722-REG_1083723-REG

As I mentioned, I don't have a head for tech at all so I have no idea what to make of it. Any help is much appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raymac46

raymac46

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:07 PM

The X510 is better in every way. Faster processor, more memory, way better video card. In my view worth the extra although you could probably build a decent machine with an i5 processor for less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users