Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quattro Pro version 5.00s (1993) - Printing problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Joe9000

Joe9000

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:33 PM

I know, I know....I should let some stuff go. However IMO Quattro Pro V 5.00s is the best spreadsheet ever. I've worked with it for 23 years now and it's way better than Excel or anything.

So, I've got this laptop with Windows 10 and Quattro Pro V 5.00s works on it! It's brilliant - but has 1 little downside (the £ sign can't be set up as currency default) and 1 big downside - it won't print.

The reason is that the Printer Setup drop down menu choice doesn't work - click on it, nothing happens. This means there is no way to select a printer and no way to print anything, not even a PDF.

Can anyone please help here? How do I get QuattroPro V 5.00s to select a printer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:04 PM

Is your printer USB? If it is then Quattro may not be able to detect it. See this page. It may or may not work simulating a LPT network printer. Your Computer name is found by right clicking Computer > Properties. 

#3 Joe9000

Joe9000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 13 January 2016 - 07:37 AM

Thanks for that. The printer is wireless and registers with the laptop no problem where it is set as default - it's just that QPro's select printer function isn't working. So each time I try to print it tells me 'no printer selected' - but the printer setup button does not respond. So I can't even select a pdf printer like DoPDF or in fact any printer at present. The problem is with QPro - I need to find some way to get into where QPro selects printers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users